Weeping willow toadstool leather

tinctorus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno about all these crazy names people are giving things these days, I've seen TONS of toadstool's over the last 18 years in this hobby with some having longer polyps than others but I've NEVER EVER had any one yet and say that they were some special different ultra rare extinct type...

Patwa

Zig-Zag pro since '96
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd love one of those weeping willows...such an elegant coral.

Here's an oddball neon green 'weeping willow' I have. The polyps are very long, but the coral itself (and even the base and foot is an extremely neon green colour. The polyp at the end of the tentacles are almost white and very tiny....it doesn't look like there's a polyp at all until you look VERY closely.

here's my frag, with 12hrs strong flow and 12hrs gentle
untitled-9806.jpg

here's what it looks like at a lfs, with constant, gentle flow, and a tunze wavebox....insane tentacle extension!....also you can see the Japanese neon green toadstool and the tyree neon green toadstool for comparison on greenyness
B0417127-FF2B-4CD4-B8AC-9634CA483DEF.jpg

(pic by hunggi74)

OP
OP
S

sean9_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dunno about all these crazy names people are giving things these days, I've seen TONS of toadstool's over the last 18 years in this hobby with some having longer polyps than others but I've NEVER EVER had any one yet and say that they were some special different ultra rare extinct type...

The LFS could have been lying but I definitely have not seen that coral for sale anywhere else. Even finding it online is very difficult.

There's plenty of other toadstools that they sell for quite cheap but look nothing like the weeping willow.

Would be cool of someone had more info!

OP
OP
S

sean9_man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'd love one of those weeping willows...such an elegant coral.

Here's an oddball neon green 'weeping willow' I have. The polyps are very long, but the coral itself (and even the base and foot is an extremely neon green colour. The polyp at the end of the tentacles are almost white and very tiny....it doesn't look like there's a polyp at all until you look VERY closely.

here's my frag, with 12hrs strong flow and 12hrs gentle
untitled-9806.jpg

here's what it looks like at a lfs, with constant, gentle flow, and a tunze wavebox....insane tentacle extension!....also you can see the Japanese neon green toadstool and the tyree neon green toadstool for comparison on greenyness
B0417127-FF2B-4CD4-B8AC-9634CA483DEF.jpg

(pic by hunggi74)

That looks amazing! The Japanese ones are fairly pricy over here as well.

sid45

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found one at reef-a-palooza 2015 this week . It is about 1 1/2 inchs high and two inchs around the top . They did not know what a weeping willow was . They had four and get on .

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 130 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back