Weird extra nubs on brittle star arms?

johnf3

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2023
Messages
77
Reaction score
31
Location
Los Angeles
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just picked these stars up from the store earlier and noticed they have these weird polyp like growths coming off their arms in addition to the regular spikes. I asked the guy at the store and he said it may have something to do with breeding but wasn’t sure. Just curious if anyone else has any ideas?

Thanks

47633A3B-19D8-40E7-A183-E8242F14497A.jpeg 066E28CA-2ECA-453D-929E-4CCDB97CECB3.jpeg 6DCE7D35-3B03-49D2-A737-FC6B99A50AA9.jpeg
 
Is it acting fine otherwise? If so probably want to let it be, having him in a cup can’t be helpful :grinning-squinting-face:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new