Weird hard shelled critter. Slug like

samuel venner

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 25, 2021
Messages
70
Reaction score
26
Location
United Kingdom
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just discovered this weird critter on a rock. It was latched onto it super tight so I unfortunately crushed it to remove it off said rock. Looked like one of those centipedes that roll up into a ball on land but in the water.
Any ideas ??

F0B911F4-3182-465E-AD75-5E7310890304.png
 
It was a Chiton, unlikely that it will survive. Chiton are actually very neat animals. There is a species of small chiton that can reproduce in our tank, they are pinkish and only grew to about 1/4 inch or so.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new