Weird Mini-Maxi Anemone

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul87
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Joined
May 18, 2013
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
1,647
Location
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this guy for a long time. It has not always had this white sack hanging out but it has for at least a year, possibly more. It eats fine, looks fine (except for the obvious), and stays put. Any idea what's going on with this thing??

 
I have 3 mini maxi's, one which has the same coloration as yours. Mine does this sometimes too. then back to normal. My 2 smaller ones do it more often than my larger one
 
I have 3 mini maxi's, one which has the same coloration as yours. Mine does this sometimes too. then back to normal. My 2 smaller ones do it more often than my larger one
OK thanks. Only thing is mine has stayed like this once it first done it. It's been like this a couple years if I had to guess.
 
Still the same. All is well with everything in the tank.Here is an updated photo of this weird dude.
kbHEIEN.jpg
 
Still the same. All is well with everything in the tank.Here is an updated photo of this weird dude.
kbHEIEN.jpg

I think Paul should be credited with a new species. The inside out maxi-mini!
 
I was just thinking, it looks like a hemorrhoid! May try a little preparation H on it!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new