Weird Relationship?

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys,

Have you ever had a weird relationship going on in your tank? So I have two clownfish and these two were always together, they had been together for 1 year, but after I added a foxface Rabbitfish it seems like they don’t want to be together anymore. Instead one of them is always next to the Foxface, they swim together, eat together ...they even sleep next to each other. Isn’t it a little weird? I tried taking a pic, but everytime I get close the tank, the Foxface hides behind the rocks lol.

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Sixline Wrasse likes to protect his buddy from the Queen Clown. My Midnight Clown (female) sometimes gets too aggressive with my Frostbite Clown (male). When the sixline sees this, he places himself in between and pushes the Midnight away. He will stay there constantly pushing back against her until he feel that things have calmed down enough. Then he goes about his day until he is needed again lol

Last edited by a moderator:

mpatient

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the pic quality. Watchmen goby and Yellow Head Jawfish. These guys have been paired for at least 2 years despite there being a second Jawfish and a pistol shrimp in the tank.

C4DA2A0C-9AAD-45CC-AB18-A412F2D27685.jpeg

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Sixline Wrasse likes to protect his buddy from the Queen Clown. My Midnight Clown (female) sometimes gets too aggressive with my Frostbite Clown (male). When the sixline sees this, he places himself in between and pushes the Midnight away. He will stay there constantly pushing back against her until he feel that things have calmed down enough. Then he goes about his day until he is needed again lol

I've seen the "peacekeeper" role from other wrasses before, just never heard of it from a 6 line (as they are usually the ones causing problems).

B7Joe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tang and clownfish often sleep next to each other at night. During the day, all 5 of my fish (that are as different as can be) will swim around in a pack. I think when taken out of their natural habitat these fish will adapt and form bonds with other fish. It’s pretty amazing.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s so cute and funny!

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tang and clownfish often sleep next to each other at night. During the day, all 5 of my fish (that are as different as can be) will swim around in a pack. I think when taken out of their natural habitat these fish will adapt and form bonds with other fish. It’s pretty amazing.
I think you are right!! So amazing!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great stories! These are some pairings you don't expect to see. A six line playing mediator is just crazy!

Pickwun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a couple of green spotted puffers. I added a few mollies, because I heard the babies would be good to support their predatory nature.
No.
One of them hung out with a group of the mollies, and they never went after anything. They even quit eating frozen shrimp, and just wanted the flakes I put in for the mollies. The puffs have been gone for a while, so I ended up with a 55gal molly tank. ;Facepalm

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0113201206a~3.jpg

Coral Beauty and Clowns. Not the 1st time, I had another pair and angel that acted the same.
I think the Angels are just waiting for eggs.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 49.4%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 19 22.4%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.6%
Back