Weird stringy mucus like thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter RSF
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

RSF

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2019
Messages
24
Reaction score
3
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea what this is. It was on the inside glass. I scraped it off and removed it from the tank, but I'm really curious as to what it can be.

20200424_131628.jpg
 
Appears to be snail eggs
 
Nassarius Snail eggs
 
Appears to be snail eggs
Do you know if they are Vermitid Snails or ones from the cleanup grew? Is it possible to tell?
 
@vetteguy53081 To me, that pattern say's Mexican Ceriths rather than Nassarius. I have both Nassarius vibex and Nassarius distortus and both lay eggs like the first two sets of images below. Either way, good stuff.

Nassarius vibex:
15259950265531156810636970817174.jpg.f4d64ed66b4574c8850674ab372dee98.jpg
bmXEYSa.jpg


Nassarius distortus:
nassarius_snail-w-eggs.jpg
8666607153_11483320b1_b.jpg


Mexican Cerith Snail Eggs:
iu
iu

Caribbean Cerith Snail Eggs:
iu
iu
 
@vetteguy53081 To me, that pattern say's Mexican Ceriths rather than Nassarius. I have both Nassarius vibex and Nassarius distortus and both lay eggs like the first two sets of images below. Either way, good stuff.

Nassarius vibex:
15259950265531156810636970817174.jpg.f4d64ed66b4574c8850674ab372dee98.jpg
bmXEYSa.jpg


Nassarius distortus:
nassarius_snail-w-eggs.jpg
8666607153_11483320b1_b.jpg


Mexican Cerith Snail Eggs:
iu
iu

Caribbean Cerith Snail Eggs:
iu
iu
Awesome pictures! Thanks!
 
@vetteguy53081 To me, that pattern say's Mexican Ceriths rather than Nassarius. I have both Nassarius vibex and Nassarius distortus and both lay eggs like the first two sets of images below. Either way, good stuff.

Nassarius vibex:
15259950265531156810636970817174.jpg.f4d64ed66b4574c8850674ab372dee98.jpg
bmXEYSa.jpg


Nassarius distortus:
nassarius_snail-w-eggs.jpg
8666607153_11483320b1_b.jpg


Mexican Cerith Snail Eggs:
iu
iu

Caribbean Cerith Snail Eggs:
iu
iu
Hmmm. Whats puzzling is my nassarius laid these:

eggsa.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new