Welcome to your new home Picasso!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Meet Picasso who has a little voracious appetite! I can honestly say I never had a saltwater fish eat as soon as I put them in their new home!
IMG_5014.jpeg
IMG_5041.jpeg

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My best friend from high school lives in Hawaii now and talks about how personable these fish are in the wild. They'll follow divers around for a couple hours sometimes just chilling and being intrigued. Such lovely creatures
Good to know because I’ve heard most grow up to be a holes lol!

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Lol in our little fish boxes I hear the same, but they're so intelligent and personable with people
But nothing will beat the intelligence and personality of puffers! Hewbie has my heart and no other fish will match the love I have for him.

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But nothing will beat the intelligence and personality of puffers! Hewbie has my heart and no other fish will match the love I have for him.
Puffers are amazing. It's cool how intelligent beaked ocean creatures are. Turns out having to problem solve your way through cracking open shells in the wild is a recipe for being a smarty pants!

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What size tank do they need? I didn't think triggers were reef safe...?
Typically a 180 or so. Also they aren't reef safe, but I don't think this is a reef tank since it's got a porcupine puffer in it.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What size tank do they need? I didn't think triggers were reef safe...?
Correct but he’s not in a reef tank ! And 120ish when full grown! For now he’s just a baby in a 75. I did find a great deal on a 125 I’m going to try and get them in very soon.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think a 6 foot 125 would work for a porcupine, a humu trigger, and a white tail tang long term as long as there's a good skimmer and reasonable husbandry
Yup! I did think of a 120 tall which is 48x24x24 compared to the 72x18 only because of the width. But honestly not rushing on it since I know they are fine for now.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know not everyone will agree either and that’s okay. I’m a firm believer in their being many ways to this hobby and finding what works with you. I personally think it’s about getting to know your own fish, their needs/personalities, and how they do for you. Also the little trigger is so fast. Much faster than fatso (Hewbie)! :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to love Picasso triggers. It's one of the fish I saw at the lfs as a child that made me want to have a salt water tank. Sadly my first fell victim to a haddoni. Second I lost to velvet. Last one was only about 2-3 inches long and would chase 5-6" tangs away from nori. It also decided to start biting at a 30 inch zebra moray for some reason. It bothered the eel to the point the eel stopped eating. Cool fish but I no longer love them lol.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 37 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back