Well my Filefish died

Hermie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got it shipped overnight from Florida. Upon arrival, the was alert, and it seemed to quickly get over acclimation and moving to a acclimation container in the display. Eventually it snuck out of the acclimation container but I thought that meant the fish was ready to swim in the main tank. I was wrong... It must have gotten stung by a coral or even went through the powerhead (I dont know). But it suffered some sort of paralysis yesterday which progressed until it died over night. Something caused it paralysis... Either way I learned my lesseon that I can't expect small (<1") fish to survive my display tank. I do want to get another but I Can't spend 100+ dollars on it. I'll get a wild caught from the LFS and just QT it.

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got it shipped overnight from Florida. Upon arrival, the was alert, and it seemed to quickly get over acclimation and moving to a acclimation container in the display. Eventually it snuck out of the acclimation container but I thought that meant the fish was ready to swim in the main tank. I was wrong... It must have gotten stung by a coral or even went through the powerhead (I dont know). But it suffered some sort of paralysis yesterday which progressed until it died over night. Something caused it paralysis... Either way I learned my lesseon that I can't expect small (<1") fish to survive my display tank. I do want to get another but I Can't spend 100+ dollars on it. I'll get a wild caught from the LFS and just QT it.
My little filefish is only an inch or so. However he does flirt with the gyres too often for my liking. I keep checking to make sure he hasn’t turned into sushi.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 49 55.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back