Well my skimmer died....

Frey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after 6 or 7 years my reef octopus diablo 250 fractioned it's last foam sunday the 16th. R.I.P.
Monday after a breif mourning period i hopped on BRS website pulled up the new RO skimmers and ordered the RO 220 Elite internal skimmer after measuring my sump at least 7 times, because the dimensions were so close to what the footprint is.
I had already decided after how well the diablo ran for so long with such little tinkering on my part i was definatly going to stick with the same brand. Also the videos that brs had put out on the dual control had me sold with the dc pumps. I thought possibly about just ordering the various 6 pump and keeping the old girl going but i really liked the idea of the sliding collection cup.
So the new skimmer arrived today. I got it together without much issue, and IT WOULDN'T FIT! How can this be....man i'm an idiot. Measured it over and over. So i walked away a minute. Decided to put the pump in follwed by the skimmer separately and then assembled in the sump... it fits like 10 lbs of in a 5 lbs bag but it fit.... Whew....
So i turned her up to high and turned the tube to low to keep everything in the skimmer. After a few hours i set it at mid level speed and tuned the tube. She is purring like a kitten now. Very quiet. Very impressed so far with the quality of the skimmer and how its performing. Hopefully i get at least 6 years out of this one as well.
Long story short if your looking for a really good skimmer check these out.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on the new skimmer! The Reef Octopus 220 Elite is really nice!

#reefoctopus

OP
OP
F

Frey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Checked in this morning. Had about 1/2 inch of skim. Can not believe how quiet this thing is. I could hear the old one from across the room. I actually have to go in the fish room and make sure this is running. Its going to take me a while to get used to not hearing the humm

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back