Well that escalated quickly!

Ryan Espinoza

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 cube so very limited space in the sump and in the stand after a eshopp 75 3 gen sump and a 5 gal tank for ato. If you have the room why not do both.

Zoaeasy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to mimic this aquascape, with three spears of rock

7af35ffefd89f32ff4c72f73d87af316.jpg

3b7244b58188851bfba7012dfac55bd2.jpg

I love the swimming space available for the fish.

I think I will try to do it using a 1/2 PVC base armature with a heat gun (outside) covered with live rock rubble and hydraulic cement. That way I will have three large pieces that can be taken out and put in a tub for transport when I eventually move.
I have also used the first picture as the inspiration for the rock work in my 60 cube!

domination2580

Reef-a-nator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finnex heater, you can get them with a controller that has a probe amd can set it to alarm and your temp and how much of a difference for heat to turn on

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Placed orders today for a big box of reef crystals, 2 30 pound bags of Mesoflakes, a big bottle of fritz bacteria, media/substrate for my sump, some misc stuff, my plumbing parts (I'm sure I'll need more bits and pieces but can buy anything I missed locally, and a titanium finnex 500w heater with separate sensor controller (I'll add a second heater later).

After work I will pick up the pvc pipe, some screws for my stand (need to screw down the plank, the cement isn't holding), some kem-tek phosphate remover for my rocks that are soaking

Once I get the tank cycling I still need to get and set up an ato, an overfill switch on the sump, and a bunch of meds for my QT.

I have a lot of work to do this weekend!

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1786.JPG

After much procrastinating, I finally got the tank on the stand, cleaned, and plumbed. There are actually a couple other removable options. I made a three valve manifold with unions, and a reactor out of a cleanout T.

This is the simplest option and I will start out with it.

Now I need to plumb the RODI and do a water test!

IMG_1787.JPG

IMG_1782.JPG

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also got a deal on some of these exxodos bac (they were on clearance), so I've filled up a mesh bag with them and stuck it in the back of my all in one tank to seed.

I've got two other types of ceramic media that I will be sticking in the sump as well. A generic brand and a two liter container of the bact-rox. All together it should be overkill. My rock scape is minimalistic so I figured this should help!

IMG_1788.JPG

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any ideas about where I should place the two Tunze 6095 powerheads? I will be testing the pump and plumbing tonight and if everything holds well mixing in the salt and starting the cycle. I have no clue where to put these things!

I also have to decide what jumper to use.

I'm thinking to put them 90 degrees, one on each pane adjacent to the corner overflow? Should I put one high and one low? Help!

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any ideas about where I should place the two Tunze 6095 powerheads? I will be testing the pump and plumbing tonight and if everything holds well mixing in the salt and starting the cycle. I have no clue where to put these things!

I also have to decide what jumper to use.

I'm thinking to put them 90 degrees, one on each pane adjacent to the corner overflow? Should I put one high and one low? Help!
Dont sweat it too hard yet IMO. there's really no formula, as aquascape is different every where. Take your best guess and stick em in and watch the flow.

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dont sweat it too hard yet IMO. there's really no formula, as aquascape is different every where. Take your best guess and stick em in and watch the flow.

What he said! It really will depend on aquascape, coral type and placement, etc. It's a trial and error thing.

OP
OP
Jofiel

Jofiel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the flu for the last week, but have been making rodi water as much as possible. Just finally added the bucket that topped it off!

I was so excited. Turned on the pump and.... leaks!

Pulled the pug and walked away :(

I need a better light to see where it is leaking from. I think it's the unions. So frustrating. I was really careful putting it together.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back