OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the scape!
Thankyou! Definately spent some time on it and about 3 tubes of glue lol I think the top ridge is where I plan to have some acros and Im a bit concerned with how tall it is. Thinking about shortening the thing as a whole, but really dont want to now that its wet :rolleyes:

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally made the swap! The old aquascape snapped in half as I was carrying it over to the new tank yet still, ZERO MORTALITIES! Super happy with how well the transfer went. I am a bit annoyed by the different colors of the dry/mature rock. I think I may be rescaping the rocks on the right...

I love the controller board so much.... I hate seeing cords and It also makes it super easy to put the pumps into feed mode, turn off the ATO alarm etc.

IMG_2563.jpg
IMG_2564.jpg
IMG_2565.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg
IMG_2566.jpg
IMG_2571.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, for anyone thinking about the Mode Aquariums Skimmer... Still no response from the company after about 10 emails sent to [email protected] .... I think they have my order, they definately have my money, but Ive been waiting since January 21st and the only thing I have is a receipt from pay pal.

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, for anyone thinking about the Mode Aquariums Skimmer... Still no response from the company after about 10 emails sent to [email protected] .... I think they have my order, they definately have my money, but Ive been waiting since January 21st and the only thing I have is a receipt from pay pal.
Honestly I have no idea what is wrong with that company. Only thing I can think of to do is to make a Facebook account so you can messenger them. It’s the only way I know of that anyone has ever received a response. At least PayPal will give you your money back if nothing ever shows up.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I have no idea what is wrong with that company. Only thing I can think of to do is to make a Facebook account so you can messenger them. It’s the only way I know of that anyone has ever received a response. At least PayPal will give you your money back if nothing ever shows up.
I did it lol, I made a facebook account in attempt to contact them, Ill let you know how it goes!

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who doesnt love free coral??? Have a buddy that started in the hobby with me when we were in highschool. He has had his tank ever since. He had about 3 heads of frogspawn/hammer at the time and this is it about 6 years later. CRAZY lol. Its at least 60 or 70 heads now and he gave me a bunch.

IMG_0269.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg

Here are the frags in my tank...
IMG_2576.jpg

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who doesnt love free coral??? Have a buddy that started in the hobby with me when we were in highschool. He has had his tank ever since. He had about 3 heads of frogspawn/hammer at the time and this is it about 6 years later. CRAZY lol. Its at least 60 or 70 heads now and he gave me a bunch.

IMG_0269.jpg
IMG_0297.jpg

Here are the frags in my tank...
IMG_2576.jpg

now that is an amazing colony!

PoeLagoon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I had an experience similar to everyone else's. I had bought a replacement pump and worried for 3 weeks until it showed. I googled mapped them to see what other businesses were around just to see if they were still in business. It did finally show and the skimmer has been great. I hope all goes well for you. The worst part is that it would take a single employee as customer service and they could rule the AIO skimmer market. I won't recommend them anymore just for the lack of communication.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last year I had an experience similar to everyone else's. I had bought a replacement pump and worried for 3 weeks until it showed. I googled mapped them to see what other businesses were around just to see if they were still in business. It did finally show and the skimmer has been great. I hope all goes well for you. The worst part is that it would take a single employee as customer service and they could rule the AIO skimmer market. I won't recommend them anymore just for the lack of communication.
thanks for the info! Im hoping I just find it on my doorstep one of these days, my bio load isnt much so I can get away with water changes for the time being!

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PoeLagoon @TheWB ...................... Bad news... Just called a company called appliances 4 less as they are next door to Mode Aquariums, and they said mode has been out of business for a while.... Such a bummer, now I need to go through pay pal, get my money back as well as find the next best skimmer... ughhhhhhh super frustrating

AnotherReefHobbyist

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@PoeLagoon @TheWB ...................... Bad news... Just called a company called appliances 4 less as they are next door to Mode Aquariums, and they said mode has been out of business for a while.... Such a bummer, now I need to go through pay pal, get my money back as well as find the next best skimmer... ughhhhhhh super frustrating
They really need to stop accepting orders if they are out of business!

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed, I have never had an experience like this purchasing something online, and the worst thing is that they have the best product available!!
Wow, out of business!! I’m sorry I steered you down that rabbit hole. At least your protected through PayPal. I really hope someone else picks up that skimmer and puts it on the market, its too good not to be available.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, out of business!! I’m sorry I steered you down that rabbit hole. At least your protected through PayPal. I really hope someone else picks up that skimmer and puts it on the market, its too good not to be available.
Dont worry about it! If only i ordered it a year ago lol I was meaning to ask you, if you had to pick... what would be a close 2nd option now knowing Im unable to get the PLS-50 ?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back