Weston's - Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion 50 Lagoon

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TheWB Got the skimmer in today, plugged it in, and it was completely non-responsive. It won't even turn on. This is insane.............
I’m really sorry to hear it. Did you disassemble and check for anything that might be impeding the impeller? Sometimes a couple of good whacks on its side will help it to get going. Not real scientific but cheap pumps are sometimes wonky. I’d say you should contact them and ask for a new pump (and you should) but who knows if they will care respond. I gave them plenty of chances to make my situation right and they ghosted me. The end result is that I went through PayPal’s resolution protocols and ended up getting my money back without returning the skimmer. If they won’t set you up with a new pump get a dispute going and get your money back. Then you can try and find a different pump that works and you’ll still have the skimmer. I was happy to pay, it’s completely their fault they don’t have my money. You can do the same thing if they won’t help you but you have to give them the chance first.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really sorry to hear it. Did you disassemble and check for anything that might be impeding the impeller? Sometimes a couple of good whacks on its side will help it to get going. Not real scientific but cheap pumps are sometimes wonky. I’d say you should contact them and ask for a new pump (and you should) but who knows if they will care respond. I gave them plenty of chances to make my situation right and they ghosted me. The end result is that I went through PayPal’s resolution protocols and ended up getting my money back without returning the skimmer. If they won’t set you up with a new pump get a dispute going and get your money back. Then you can try and find a different pump that works and you’ll still have the skimmer. I was happy to pay, it’s completely their fault they don’t have my money. You can do the same thing if they won’t help you but you have to give them the chance first.
I have been going back and forth with them on facebook messenger, theyre basically telling me to do the same thing... plug it in and mess with the impeller to get it to work. But nothing is working... The pump isnt even making a humming noise like its trying to work, I think its just completely dead... I have sent them 2 videos of myself following their directions and the pump still not working, hopefully I can get them to send me a new pump and in that case, I will see if I can get two of them. Or three, or ten

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been going back and forth with them on facebook messenger, theyre basically telling me to do the same thing... plug it in and mess with the impeller to get it to work. But nothing is working... The pump isnt even making a humming noise like its trying to work, I think its just completely dead... I have sent them 2 videos of myself following their directions and the pump still not working, hopefully I can get them to send me a new pump and in that case, I will see if I can get two of them. Or three, or ten
At least they are communicating with you, that’s a start.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At least they are communicating with you, that’s a start.
After sending them another video trying to get the pump started, and still not working. They are sending me another pump! They said they are shipping it out tonight which would be awesome if they actually do...

tnw50cal

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went with this skimmer on mine.
IMG_0273.JPG
Just to rub salt in your wounds-My skimmer worked right out of the box and still is working about 1.5 years latter.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update... got some smooth skin acro! This is actually the first time Ive ever kept Acro and I plan to use this one as a sort of test. I hope to add some more tenuis and milliapora in the future. My biggest worry is flow, but hopefully i can dial that in! Also, if anyone can ID the Acro in the fist pic that would be great!

Also, on friday I started dosing all for reef liquid (calcium formate). Its super expensive and I eventually want to dose the powder on a single channel dosing pump, but I bought a bottle of the liquid to test out the process and see if I like it. When I started dosing, I was at an ALK of 7.2 and it has been increasing by 0.1 DKH daily with a dose of 9ml (min dose for 50 gal). Calcium formate doesnt show on test results right away, so I have been dosing in the morning and then testing in the evening.

Lastly... mode aquariums has told me that the replacement pump has shipped sometime last week, still no tracking info. But I hope this thread can help people to decide whether they want to order from mode aquariums.... overall I think this is what we have learned.

Pros: best skimmer for this AIO tank. Most everyone who has order from them EVENTUALLY receives the product.

Cons: You really have zero idea of when you will get it, it could ship tomorrow , it could ship in a month. They will not communicate with you until the date of shipment. They give you no confirmation of purchase. Tracking info is very vague. Anecdotal, but my first pump was a dud...

So now you can decide if pros out weigh cons :)

IMG_2623.jpg
IMG_2624.jpg

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the multiple small islands look.
Thankyou sir! A lot of the islands that are scattered around are to block flow and keep the sand in place lol I have a super thin (fiji pink) sand bed, 2 nero 3's at a max of around 60% and i still cant keep the sand in place lol. Also I forgot to mention, I got some meteor shower cyphastrea on the rock underneath the frag rack. Im excited to see that covered in polyps :)

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou sir! A lot of the islands that are scattered around are to block flow and keep the sand in place lol I have a super thin (fiji pink) sand bed, 2 nero 3's at a max of around 60% and i still cant keep the sand in place lol. Also I forgot to mention, I got some meteor shower cyphastrea on the rock underneath the frag rack. Im excited to see that covered in polyps :)
Have you tried angling the Neros up? I have them running as high as 80% at night and there’s a pretty good amount of flow at the sand bed but my sand never moves. My pulsing Xenia that’s down there is pretty much pinned in one direction so I know the flow is going pretty good.

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still looking for an ID on this smooth skin acro, any help with a name would be super appreciated! This is a shot of it under a pretty white light :)
1645545859445.png

OP
OP
WestonNanos

WestonNanos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very exciting day!

First of all, I got the replacement skimmer pump. (gotta love mode aquariums thoughtful packaging...) Plugged it in, worked right away. All is good there. Seems to actually be pulling out some decent skimmate :) Also to note, I am seeing very minimal micro bubbles which is awesome.

The pump is pretty loud and I am wondering if it is going to get quieter as it breaks in...?
tempImagem8i9SK.png
tempImagexVbNVW.png

tempImageXiXtbz.png

Secondly, a super friendly reefer has lent me his par meter today!!! @Lbrdsoxfan went out of his way to let me borrow his meter just to "help a fellow reefer" and as you can see I have already completely mapped out my desired par on my scape. I really appreciate it!
011E6342-1E2E-408F-B890-99D01EBC9445_1_201_a.jpeg

Lastly, as I mentioned before, I have been dosing all for reef since last friday. When I started dosing, my ALK was around 7.2-7.4. It has remained stable (Which is somewhat odd) up until yesterday when it went up 1 full DKH to 8.2. And then today I tested at 8.4. I understand Calcium Formate has a lag time to show up on tests, but does this seem normal?

I have been dosing based off of the instruction of 10ml daily (5ml per 26 gallons) for the first week and then adjusting dosage from there. My desired DKH is 9, but I am afraid I may overshoot that if I keep my dose at 10ml daily.

I am using the (expensive) pre mix liquid in hopes that I can dial in my dosage and then automate it with the (cheaper) powder and a dosing pump.

Any comments would be much appreciated !

TheWB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very exciting day!

First of all, I got the replacement skimmer pump. (gotta love mode aquariums thoughtful packaging...) Plugged it in, worked right away. All is good there. Seems to actually be pulling out some decent skimmate :) Also to note, I am seeing very minimal micro bubbles which is awesome.

The pump is pretty loud and I am wondering if it is going to get quieter as it breaks in...?
tempImagem8i9SK.png
tempImagexVbNVW.png

tempImageXiXtbz.png

Secondly, a super friendly reefer has lent me his par meter today!!! @Lbrdsoxfan went out of his way to let me borrow his meter just to "help a fellow reefer" and as you can see I have already completely mapped out my desired par on my scape. I really appreciate it!
011E6342-1E2E-408F-B890-99D01EBC9445_1_201_a.jpeg

Lastly, as I mentioned before, I have been dosing all for reef since last friday. When I started dosing, my ALK was around 7.2-7.4. It has remained stable (Which is somewhat odd) up until yesterday when it went up 1 full DKH to 8.2. And then today I tested at 8.4. I understand Calcium Formate has a lag time to show up on tests, but does this seem normal?

I have been dosing based off of the instruction of 10ml daily (5ml per 26 gallons) for the first week and then adjusting dosage from there. My desired DKH is 9, but I am afraid I may overshoot that if I keep my dose at 10ml daily.

I am using the (expensive) pre mix liquid in hopes that I can dial in my dosage and then automate it with the (cheaper) powder and a dosing pump.

Any comments would be much appreciated !
Looks like they packed it in a brown paper bag like it’s your lunch or something. Glad to see it arrived safely and it works.

Back