What’s on my hammer Coral? Please Help a noob!

C_Lox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, my husband set a reef tank up a little while ago but I do a lot of the day to day with it. I’ve noticed over the last few days the hammer coral has got little raised white spots on the head of some tentacles. Can anyone help identify them please? Please don’t ask me about water parameters, husbands out of town just now and that’s his job lol. I do know we’ve got an API saltwater master test kit and we’ve never had any issues or had to do anything corrective after weekly testing.
I’ve had a look round existing threads but I haven’t come across anything that looks quite the same, although a there’s plenty to try and get through!

IMG_3125.jpeg IMG_3127.jpeg IMG_3130.jpeg

OP
OP
C

C_Lox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coral looks really healthy I wouldn't worry about it. I do believe that could be it's sweeper tentacles.
Ah brill thanks for that! I’m totally new to this world so a coral looking like it’s got acne threw me for a bit of a loop!

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Could be eggs if those spots look inside the tentacles, that’s what they look like before they spawn. I have a tiny random hammer growing after they spawned.

OP
OP
C

C_Lox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could be eggs if those spots look inside the tentacles, that’s what they look like before they spawn. I have a tiny random hammer growing after they spawned.
It’s weird, they look almost like little raised pimples with heads on like acne. The last pic shows a really pointy looking one next to the rock in the background. I hope it is eggs, that’d be cool

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 157 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%

Back