What’s this white stuff?

d3ro

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 11, 2021
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
Austin
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some secondhand corals and I’m trying to clean them up. Are the white tubes anything to worry about? I know the brown tubes are feather worms.

Backstory: Yesterday I bought a tank and I didn’t realize it still had fish and corals in it. The tank was nasty and very under maintained. I quickly cleaned it out and made it a quarantine tank for the corals. Im a new reefer and have another tank that’s only a month and half old. Im trying my best to clean these corals up and keep them healthy. I’d like to possibly put them in my other tank.

D846BC0B-63BD-47CF-9167-24F885A40E84.jpeg
 
Looks like a dying Duncan coral covered in Vermetid snails (bad guys). Scrape them off and/or fill the tubes with super glue.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new