OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diggin' like 95% of this, especially the discussion about lifespan as it pertains to asexual production. Which one is the original!? Does Karen end up being Karen and Susan post split, or is "There is no Susan. There are only Karens."

I have questions.

@Wiz How is the nem doing? Is it wandering? Are you feedin' it? If so, what does it snack on? 'Ems some serious tentacles. It zing you yet?
Then nem is doing amazing. It has rooted to the bottom of my tank and buries itself in the sand a lot of the time. Mostly at dusk it comes out. The tentacles are amazing. It has not stung me yet as I have been afraid to touch it. It is as sticky as my old electric green carpet nem. Maybe more. I have seen it eat two of my nerite snails. So I'm assuming it's a predator. It also sucks up mysis when I feed. Has not traveled. Looks like it's getting darker red. I'll post another pic tonight

OP
OP
Wiz

Wiz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rose. And gbta. It's nothing like it. But I guess I don't "know"

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So whenever nems are not able to be kept or are difficult that makes them fantastic? And the ones that we are able to breed readily are weeds for exactly that reason. Bta's are beautiful, rock nems are beautiful tube nems are beautiful. Just because they breed readily and overpopulate does not make them a weed or any less fantastic than one that has not been kept yet or has trouble.
By that reasoning as soon as you get a fantastic nem to do well it is now a "weed".

Anyone that can keep anemones for any length of time and have them thrive is doing something right (as they can be difficult - even the 'common ones'. Maybe the term 'weed' - which carries a negative connotation was a bad analogy. She may have just meant she fines the 'common anemones' found in aquaria 'boring'. In any case, I doubt she was trying to hurt your feelings:)

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 62 78.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.1%
Back