What And How Do You Feed Snails?

reeftankdude

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 5, 2021
Messages
552
Reaction score
220
Location
maryland
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking about Nori, but what do I use to keep it steady in one place? A clip is good for fish, but snails?
 
I don't think u necessarily need to feed them... my system is almost pristine, as in no visible algae but the snails still manage. They're usually either on the sand or even the glass depending on how long since I've cleaned it. I have a breeding population of trochus snails and a few astreas
 
I don't feed snails, I feed the tank, and allow the leftovers to feed the carnivorous snails. As far as algae eating snails, they will balance out in your tank. I constantly find them on the Nori clips.
 
I don't feed snails, I feed the tank, and allow the leftovers to feed the carnivorous snails. As far as algae eating snails, they will balance out in your tank. I constantly find them on the Nori clips.
where do you place the clip?
 
where do you place the clip?
I actually have 4, and place them equally spaced across the front of my 6ft tank. Usually 12-16 in above the sand bed.

I add 4 1/4 sheets of Nori every morning, and, I am constantly knocking off Trochus and Nerite snails when I do so.
 
I actually have 4, and place them equally spaced across the front of my 6ft tank. Usually 12-16 in above the sand bed.

I add 4 1/4 sheets of Nori every morning, and, I am constantly knocking off Trochus and Nerite snails when I do so.
If it not to much trouble, do you have a picture. Really do not understand how snails can eat Nori from a clip. Thinking they would have to climb onto the clip. Thanks
 
If it not to much trouble, do you have a picture. Really do not understand how snails can eat Nori from a clip. Thinking they would have to climb onto the clip. Thanks
Sorry, I do not have a picture, BUT, snails do find a way.

I will try tomorrow.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new