What are some advancements in the hobby you wish would happen?

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every year the hobby grows, we get new products, and new methods that replace the old methods. I am wondering what is something you would love to see in the future! Maybe it is a specific piece of equipment that would change the reefing hobby forever, or maybe it is a brand-new method that makes life easier maintaining a tank. Curious to see what everyone says!

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wireless Lights!

1697556555132.png

JTP424

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Modern high end equipment for Nano/Pico tanks. Basically micro versions of some of the larger equipment to minimize it's footprint under small tank cabinets and display tank space.

paintman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about some kind of a doser that can drip in CUC's evry hour. Seeing as how your killing them constantly trying to resolve an issue you created by being lazy and not maintaining your tank properly.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Automated nutrient control. Still waiting on a "Trident 2" that tests nitrate and phosphate. But couple that with a refugium on an eb832 outlet, and we could control our nutrient levels better. And yes, plenty of manual ways to do it too.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Standardization and integration between the apps of every brand of equipment. "One App to Rule Them All"

Jim
Yeah, it gets confusing having to juggle a bunch of apps vs it all being right there in one app

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better and more accessible automated parameter testing. I'd love a system like the Hanna checkers where you can piece together a full suite over time. Think smaller and cheaper allowing you to grab a couple automated testers at a time so you can slowly eliminate the need to manually test starting with the ones you do most frequently. Basically a per parameter trident that doesn't cost $1000. Bonus points if it's controller agnostic.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back