What are these on this torch?

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything I should be worried about before I add this torch to my tank? I do plan to dip
20230204_135342.jpg

s_tooz_123

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Althought its hard to tell, the maroon / purple things looks like vermetid snails to me. If so, scrape them off and rinse before the torch thoroughly before it goes into the tank.

The dip will likely not impact them as they have a trap door on their tube that they can close when threatened.

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^ they pop off with a little effort.

The more thorough you are in removing them, the lower your chances of getting them in your tank.

However, not the end of the world if they get in. It's just better to be vigilant and try to keep them out

OP
OP
A

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Althought its hard to tell, the maroon / purple things looks like vermetid snails to me. If so, scrape them off and rinse before the torch thoroughly before it goes into the tank.

The dip will likely not impact them as they have a trap door on their tube that they can close when threatened.
Here is a closer picture
20230204_155010.jpg

OP
OP
A

airedwin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Rogueaquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anything I should be worried about before I add this torch to my tank? I do plan to dip
20230204_135342.jpg
^^^ they pop off with a little effort.

The more thorough you are in removing them, the lower your chances of getting them in your tank.

However, not the end of the world if they get in. It's just better to be vigilant and try to keep them out
I have some dental tools in a kit I bought on Amazon that I use when Scraping the sides of Euphyllia. I like to get them clean even removing sponges before i dip them.

Mixing lighting technologies: Do you use multiple types of lighting for your reef?

• I currently use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 69 45.1%
  • I have used multiple types of lighting for my reef in the past.

Votes: 18 11.8%
  • I haven’t used multiple types of lighting for my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 14.4%
  • I have no plans to use multiple types of lighting for my reef.

Votes: 42 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back