What are you thoughts on selling coral

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. Seller should clearly take a stance on the situation and Put it in the listing. If they can’t afford to replace coral due to shipping issues, that’s fine, make it known.

Then buyer can choose how to move forward and decide if it’s worth the risk or not.

I will say this, buyers who guarantee their stuff are probably getting more customers as a result, and more referrals and future business
Some sellers definitely go beyond with their guarantee….which makes you want to shop more with them….

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some sellers definitely go beyond with their guarantee….which makes you want to shop more with them….
You have no idea

I bought 3 fish, 30 snails and a few shrimp from a forum vendor. One fish didn’t make it. Another fish I (and seller) realized after delivery was mislabeled and not correct. I was a little upset it wouldn’t be the colors I was expecting and also can be more aggressive than I planned.

I message the seller, they apologized, took ownership for the mislabeled fish, tried to help. me figure out why the one died (undetermined - no cause could be found), and in the end asks ME how I would like to have the situation resolved

I asked if I could be refunded for the two fish - one died, the other I wouldn’t have bought and now am stuck with.

Seller responds and apologized again, said he would refund my original payment method for the two fish, and explains how the wrong fish was sent, and then says that this is extremely rare for them and unfortunate but they know that means nothing when I am the one affected. They said they are hoping I choose to do business with them again, and if I ever decide to, they put $150 credit on file for my account that’s waiting for me.

This is a level of customer service that’s unheard of. No fighting or arguing or blaming or accusing. Refund for the two affected fish AND 150$ credit. Guess whose ordering again without hesitation. This guy

Reefing_addiction

It’s my TANK and I want it NOW!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have no idea

I bought 3 fish, 30 snails and a few shrimp from a forum vendor. One fish didn’t make it. Another fish I (and seller) realized after delivery was mislabeled and not correct. I was a little upset it wouldn’t be the colors I was expecting and also can be more aggressive than I planned.

I message the seller, they apologized, took ownership for the mislabeled fish, tried to help. me figure out why the one died (undetermined - no cause could be found), and in the end asks ME how I would like to have the situation resolved

I asked if I could be refunded for the two fish - one died, the other I wouldn’t have bought and now am stuck with.

Seller responds and apologized again, said he would refund my original payment method for the two fish, and explains how the wrong fish was sent, and then says that this is extremely rare for them and unfortunate but they know that means nothing when I am the one affected. They said they are hoping I choose to do business with them again, and if I ever decide to, they put $150 credit on file for my account that’s waiting for me.

This is a level of customer service that’s unheard of. No fighting or arguing or blaming or accusing. Refund for the two affected fish AND 150$ credit. Guess whose ordering again without hesitation. This guy
It’s great when sellers do this. Especially when we know they make a ton of money from online sales.

I really don’t thing the shipping companies will insure “live” shipments…because they know they s u c k. The reason I buy from certain vendors is because of things like what happened to you and how great the service was.

Who is the vendor? I may need to look into them for future purchases

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back