What are your other hobbies?

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eurorack aka the modular black hole. That and cars, primarily imports. Mountain biking and camping, but a lot less of that now a days.

I’m trying to figure out how to connect a VCO to the 10v out on an Apex and what it could do, lol.
Good random wave maker...LOL

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beer making does not take that much time, usually a lot of sitting around watching water boil. Sailing, I usually go a couple weeks a year, usually helping a friend move his boat around to avoid hurricane season when him and his wife are done doing their part time cruising or when he need a guys week, thanks to him I have sailed to Bermuda, Antigua to Grenada a couple of times, the Bahamas about a half dozen times and from Florida to Maryland and back 3 or 4 times.
IF you need anymore crew hit me up....I used to sail, was even on a race team at one time.

New Jersey REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked your machine out online....Very cool....I used to row on the water...The only thing I have not liked about a machine is they always have you use both hands on the same pull(oar). in a boat you have to be conscious of pulling evenly on both sides. I would love to get back into it. Have you used other machines? How does this compare? I get that it has a screen for workouts but how is it as just a rowing machine? Looks like the peleton of rowers....:)
Just rowing machine, best part about is you get to train with top athletes. There are live classes and prerecord sessions. As far as performance goes, it’s the best rowing machine on the mark. As close to the real thing as you can get.

There is a Facebook group that can give you good insight on what’s it all about. Full body workout with low impart.

Definitely recommend it for any level (beginners to hardcore rowers)

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just checked your machine out online....Very cool....I used to row on the water...The only thing I have not liked about a machine is they always have you use both hands on the same pull(oar). in a boat you have to be conscious of pulling evenly on both sides. I would love to get back into it. Have you used other machines? How does this compare? I get that it has a screen for workouts but how is it as just a rowing machine? Looks like the peleton of rowers....:)
I used to have a little 8' dinghy I enjoyed rowing; a machine just isn't nearly the same as a rowboat !

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a camper sitting at the lake, that takes up most of my weekends working on the property or fishing.
I use to like guns, but ammo is too valuable to throw downrange now.
That ammunition sure is expensive ! Especially name brands like Winchester ! I have a Ruger high-powered air rifle for fun; the ammo sure is dirt cheap and it is fun for plinking cans and bottles, etc.

Oldsman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Model builder, mostly construction trucks , sometimes smaller trucks for variety. I get inspiration from trucks ive seen around the area , and try to model them. The plow and Brockway dump truck are tributes to a local highway dept .The mixer was built from photos of the real fleet the company has retired 20191121_212736.jpg 20200321_102255.jpg 20191017_163456.jpg 20190808_175252.jpg

SebastianReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scuba diving,guns shooting and collecting, knife collecting,own a dog grooming and boarding business that my wife runs going on 17 years oh and dogs love my four caviler King Charles Spaniels,mechanic/gear head and everything to do with the water boating jet skiing flying my drone gave up the RC racing 1/8 scale

bayoukid89

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my other hobbies include running the half mile to mile races with my H2 or go shooting and do small shooting competitions and build cars
breeding halfmoon bettas and halfmoon plakat bettas

Cstar_BC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tell me reefers, is it just reefkeeping or are you into other hobbies?!

I find it interesting that I share some random things in common with most of my fellow fishkeeper friends.. and I also find that a lot of the same people are very busy people lol.

I’m into a million hobbies. Some I’m not really sure are hobbies, and I’m new to reef keeping but we’ll say it counts.. but for me personally:
- Horses, I’ve ridden since I was 5 years old, always have always will, competitively and just for fun. My horse Sammy is 24 yrs old and I’ve had him for 17 years!
- Skiing - every winter, any weekend that I can!
- Dogs.. I love dogs. And cats, but mostly dogs. I compete my aussie in agility and go to AKC trials several times a year.
- Painting, drawing, sketching.. any kind of art really.. I love projects and new crafty things to work on
- Rally racing. Cars in general. I take my STi to the track every once and a while! I’ve also never owned an automatic vehicle lol.
- Kayaking, hiking, camping, boating, all the outdoorsy things.. we do it.
- ball pythons.. not so much any more (no time for it) but we had a really cool breeding pair and sold several clutches! Only have the lone male now.

I’m sure there’s more, but reefing is my newest hobby.. but I’m crazy and like to keep busy. :) what about you?

Hey twin !

muggle reefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my primary non aquarium hobby is scale modeling. This is a big Melennium Falcon I built for someone and just finished it about a week ago. I worked slow it took about two years. It is a studio scale model of the Empire Strikes Back Falcon and yes it is huge.

IMG_0828.jpeg IMG_0829.jpeg IMG_0830.jpeg IMG_0831.jpeg IMG_0832.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back