What are your other hobbies?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have become obsessed with the movies young guns 1 and 2, midlife always leads there I figure, might as well grasp it now.

since I live three and a half hours from lincoln new mexico I've now transferred the minor obsession onto actual billy the kid archaeology, you'd be surprised at what is available to see. not fenced off, exposed to the elements, archaeology.

i have been overlanding like a wild digital man all over new mexico tracing out archaeological sites where the kid actually stood, slept, or became offed.

these drone videos show very rare sights regarding billy locations on site, in the wilds of nm.

for example, my rarest shot was actual stinking spring location. earned permission from the land owner to film, took some time developing
this is stinking springs. in young guns 2, keifer sutherland steps out/doc to escape the rock house and is shot. This is the actual foundation of the rock house that in real life billy, dave r, a horse, bowdre and another outlaw holed up in. doc was not here in real life, at stinking springs but for the movie they made it that way.

in western books and articles, the snipers with garrett claimed to be about 50 feet out from the rock house when they took bowdre, the mapping software on the drone measured the shot at 58 feet.

wagon tracks heading into clovis are apparent even after 139 years ish. the way the plains erode around Clovis is very unique.

That above is the actual physical location an hour outside of Clovis of the real stinking spring, where this hollywood portrayal was representing. I was dead set on finding the actual location of this adobe shack. Done. my greatest adventure of them all.

this is the land layout by drone of the entire plot of land for the real stinking spring

read this historical article about stinking spring, everyone loves this place if you like westerns.
You are seeing the exact physical location depicted in the article do you understand how lucky you are lol

Notice how stinking spring is basically flat. In the movie with Keifer Sutherland they portrayed it as hilly, that’s because they were on a filming lot outside of Tucson the real stinking spring is outside clovis, twelve miles or so outside ft sumner, where Billy gets eventually killed by pat garrett and no dont believe Hollywood, brushy bill was not Billy, Billy died in 1881.

the owner of the property is very selective on who gets out there to film, which is why all the set stones have not been ripped off yet.

and that above is john tunstalls murder site. the whole lincoln county war started due to shots fired specifically here, out on a jeep trail outside Glencoe nm. open to the public. back when i found that, direct location was not avail online it took legit hunting for it, now I think it's been posted by coordinates for geolocators to enjoy but it took about 5 trips in the mountains to find this site, gave me cold chills when i finally saw it looking down from the drone. its not an easy jeep trail to get to it, either. very steep in places.

places you have to drive to get to good stuff

Last edited:

DC Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have become obsessed with the movies young guns 1 and 2, midlife always leads there I figure, might as well grasp it now.

since I live three and a half hours from lincoln new mexico I've now transferred the minor obsession onto actual billy the kid archaeology, you'd be surprised at what is available to see. not fenced off, exposed to the elements, archaeology.

i have been overlanding like a wild digital man all over new mexico tracing out archaeological sites where the kid actually stood, slept, or became offed.

these drone videos show very rare sights regarding billy locations on site, in the wilds of nm.

for example, my rarest shot was actual stinking spring location. earned permission from the land owner to film, took some time developing
this is stinking springs. in young guns 2, keifer sutherland steps out/doc to escape the rock house and is shot. This is the actual foundation of the rock house that in real life billy, dave r, a horse, bowdre and another outlaw holed up in. doc was not here in real life, at stinking springs but for the movie they made it that way.

in western books and articles, the snipers with garrett claimed to be about 50 feet out from the rock house when they took bowdre, the mapping software on the drone measured the shot at 58 feet.

wagon tracks heading into clovis are apparent even after 139 years ish. the way the plains erode around Clovis is very unique.

the owner of the property is very selective on who gets out there to film, which is why all the set stones have not been ripped off yet.

and that above is john tunstalls murder site. the whole lincoln county war started due to shots fired specifically here, out on a jeep trail outside Glencoe nm. open to the public. back when i found that, direct location was not avail online it took legit hunting for it, now I think it's been posted by coordinates for geolocators to enjoy but it took about 5 trips in the mountains to find this site, gave me cold chills when i finally saw it looking down from the drone. its not an easy jeep trail to get to it, either. very steep in places.

Very cool!!!

Mike from TN

Owner/ Operator of the worlds most crowded Evo
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of interests. Raising chickens, hunting ( mainly deer and coyote ), building high powered mid bore air rifles, hanging out with my parrots, my tank of course and the real money pit, the F-150
C7E942B2-CAD0-4998-A1A2-3EE6A30AC571.jpeg
3D59211E-387B-4CEC-B034-69C20825A75F.jpeg
06488900-102C-42D7-9928-A6A4B45A9FAB.jpeg

Rubymoon286

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The wife and I just restored a 65 Shasta. Only took 2 years

We also do restorations! We did a rebuild on a 74 Terry trailer as our first project (I don't have photos on this computer unfortunately) And we are getting ready to start a 68 Aristocrat LoLiner STL.

I also LARP and Crochet hobby wise, the Terry we restored for our LARP since we were tired of tenting, the Aristocrat happened because we got bit by the restoration bug lol!

joshwaggs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is awesome. Make more!

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok check this rascal out, the compilation.

my friend Eduardo from Spain, youtube music guy makes me a *custom* 17 minute Bon Jovi montage

complete with dead or alive, and blaze of glory, at the spots I wanted.

:) :) :) free because he likes Billy lore. Id have paid the man five hundred for his score but he offered it free to put focus on the video I am so happy.

I think he does great. it is not easy to produce a 17 minute montage from anyone so I rate his music skills 10/10

billy the kid by drone:

we stand in the hallway where billy escapes and kills Bell in the courthouse, the actual steps.

we look out the famous window: HELLO BOB (bang)

my 3d maps are crude I didnt buy the $3K software I bought a fifty dollar 30 day run of dronedeploy.

That is the first 3d mapping of any lincoln county war area ever done/ inb4 universities

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
remember in young guns one when the old man near the outhouse gets down on one knee and says

LETS DANCE

when I was standing on that actual spot watching the sun come up i man cried not joking lol
it was too much YG. i could see emilio and lou and dirty steve looking at me. Blazer's Mill was the spot, where Dick Brewer's assassin was shot up inside the outhouse.

I then wander up the hillside randomly not knowing what awaits, sun is breaking. i spot a civil war graveyard and in it is Dick Brewers grave, buried literally in the same hole as the man that shot him, lets dance~

they dug one hole and put both guys in it, total enemies who killed each other in battle that was harsh of history.

I had traveled to Mescalero five times looking for the actual spot, it was hard to find it was not printed exactly out on the web only the highway marker existed but there are billy the kid forums where hardcore lincoln county war historians reside.

if you show them stinking spring + a forensic review of the doorway of the rockhouse where they took bowdre, they can tell you arent lying/in the house. they give you coordinates.

to this day, the google Pin locating stinking spring is a mile off course, on purpose.

thats why im hooked. its the hunting, searching, coming up short, driving home deliriously tired, making friends with a man in lincoln who wears a literal six shooter and fifty rounds on his belt sam elliot style with pants tucked into super tall boots, and earning permission to film from people who like the same history.

I was able to converse a little with Drew Gomber, frequent history channel guy.

city of residence, lincoln nm.

Last edited:

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cycling, being a swim dad, looking at real estate I can't afford, and video games with or without the kid. I used to fish a lot. My son got interested at the end of the summer, so I might start that up again.

mnreefer327

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing... all I do is reef! Just kidding!

I also love snorkeling and diving!
I'm a college student, so that takes up a lot of my time! I love to learn!
I love love love cooking and baking, so that's fun!
I also love to TRAVEL. It's my biggest passion. I'm hoping to travel to Indonesia and Cairns, Australia to dive soon!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back