Gardening
Rehoming unwanted exotics people cant or dont want to take care of anymore

Dark_Knightt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!! You'll probably grow up healthier without a phone. You'll keep your eyesight, your fingers and your upper neck/back area. Most of us are now vision impaired, have a permanent curve in our necks/upper backs and have finger joint issues. Haha. Actually I did read a legit scientific paper studying the effects of phone use in younger people and supposedly a lot are developing a weird bone spur at the base of the neck (at the back). Obviously the neck is not meant to be kept in a lowered/hunkered position for any great length of time so to compensate these weird bone spurs are developing to support the neck in this position. Could mean that people who develop this might not be able to keep their heads up down the road. Kind of scary!!
My dads a doctor (radiologist) so I get that kinda talk all the time lol

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dogs
Vintage MG restoration and driving
Fabricating, Modifying,improving, fixing just about anything mechanical.
Model trains - have not done in 10 years now
Motorcycles, first time in 50 years I don’t have a couple of them.

FishGeist

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eurorack aka the modular black hole. That and cars, primarily imports. Mountain biking and camping, but a lot less of that now a days.

I’m trying to figure out how to connect a VCO to the 10v out on an Apex and what it could do, lol.

Last edited:

Katepete722

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man I’m so glad I’m not the only one with lots of unusual hobbies! My current list includes:
Beekeeping
Chicken tending (20 some chickens and a turkey)
Painting
Some light gaming (recovering WoW addict)
Hiking
Bonsai
Visiting every brewery ever with my husband
Drinking all the wine

I think that’s about it!

Steph1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am into Sketchup, and other 3D modelling programs and render engines and 3D animation.
Design, modern art, bonsia and am a non neurotic audiophile.
Am pretty new to this hobby and find it extremely challenging. The time required from cycling to actually growing corals was not expected to be so full-on.

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Model trains, playing acoustic guitar..... My Christmas layout:

2014 Village 03.jpg
I have a lot of model trains. I took down my layout a couple years ago but want to get it back up as soon as the cats go off to the farm, the kitty litter dust and one of the cats loved to play godzilla with the buildings.

In love sailing, offshore out of sight of land for days on end makes me happy. 20160530_093820-1.jpg 20160527_091824.jpg

And I like wood turning and wood working and beer making 20190319_163315.jpg IMG_20200913_090746.jpg 20200425_154521.jpg

kdx7214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me the list has varied over the year according to the availability of funds :D
  • Viola, violin, and a little bit of cello in school orchestra
  • Coins, both domestic and foreign
  • Linguistics
  • Programming
  • OS Development
  • Assembly language
  • Computer gaming (since the CP/M days)
  • A dog
  • Woodworking
  • Killing plants (I have a black thumb)
  • Cooking
  • Electronics
  • Ham radio (retired from it now)
  • African cichlids (and other freshwater fish)
  • Reef tanks
  • Dyeing yarns
  • Knitting socks
  • Reading
I'm sure there are others, but hey, it's changed a lot over the years. Yes, I am a geek :D

Clownfish_Boy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a lot of model trains. I took down my layout a couple years ago but want to get it back up as soon as the cats go off to the farm, the kitty litter dust and one of the cats loved to play godzilla with the buildings.

In love sailing, offshore out of sight of land for days on end makes me happy.

And I like wood turning and wood working and beer making
Wow, that's a lot of hobbies ! Wherever do you find the time for all that ? And yes, cats and train layouts usually do not coexist well; have read lots of horror stories of cats wreaking havoc on train layouts !
I used to sail in my teens (just a little lateen rigged Super Snark); it is one of the most relaxing, pleasant activities one can do..... Would love to have a little 14-16 ft. sloop rigged boat; I once rented one like that and it was SO fun to sail ! Would point so high it made tacking a breeze !

Last edited:

Sailingeric

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, that's a lot of hobbies ! Wherever do you find the time for all that ? And yes, cats and train layouts usually do not coexist well; have read lots of horror stories of cats wreaking havoc on train layouts !
I used to sail in my teens (just a little lateen rigged Super Snark); it is one of the most relaxing, pleasant activities one can do..... Would love to have a little 14-16 ft. sloop rigged boat; I once rented one like that and it was SO fun to sail ! Would point so high it made tacking a breeze !
Beer making does not take that much time, usually a lot of sitting around watching water boil. Sailing, I usually go a couple weeks a year, usually helping a friend move his boat around to avoid hurricane season when him and his wife are done doing their part time cruising or when he need a guys week, thanks to him I have sailed to Bermuda, Antigua to Grenada a couple of times, the Bahamas about a half dozen times and from Florida to Maryland and back 3 or 4 times.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

In love sailing, offshore out of sight of land for days on end makes me happy. 20160530_093820-1.jpg 20160527_091824.jpg

And I like wood turning and wood working and beer making 20190319_163315.jpg IMG_20200913_090746.jpg 20200425_154521.jpg

I started an N scale Christmas train layout a few years ago....I turned 50...isn't that the time to start building the railroad. I have cats as well and will eventually encase it in glass/acrylic. It is a pizza layout so easy to move around. I had to move it out of the wife's office space, it literally sits underneath the desk I sit at. I made a little shelf for it.

I also bashed together a really tight Halloween pizza layout which I would like setting up as a working traction layout.

I used to brew beer, but living in Vermont and having abundant beverages within walking distance killed that hobby.

Nanorock1970

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got into a rowing! Love it!
Team Hydrow that is.
But reef-keeping is my #1 choice of hobby
Just checked your machine out online....Very cool....I used to row on the water...The only thing I have not liked about a machine is they always have you use both hands on the same pull(oar). in a boat you have to be conscious of pulling evenly on both sides. I would love to get back into it. Have you used other machines? How does this compare? I get that it has a screen for workouts but how is it as just a rowing machine? Looks like the peleton of rowers....:)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back