What brand do you prefer???

  • Thread starter Thread starter SPSjunky
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SPSjunky

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2012
Messages
421
Reaction score
19
Location
NE PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just curious of that brands of frozen fish food you guys/gals are feeding these days.I use Hikari frozen mysis,spiralinia brine, and mega marine.How about you?
 
PE Mysis. By far the best, gut-loaded fat shrimp with very little water. If I have a very picky fish I'll use Hikari spirulina enriched mysis to entice feeding, but it's full of water, as are most other brands.
 
I like Hikari's frozen mysis that comes in the "sheet". For whatever reason those are usually nice whole shrimp compared to the cubes. I also am a huge fan of Argen't Cyclopeeze freeze bar.

Freshwater fish get New Life Spectrum or Hikari pellets to suppliment live food.
 
Rods, oyster feast, coral frenzy and Life Line. I hand feed the Life Line, they love it. They get into a frenzy and nip my hand as well. My little girl loves it when I feed the fish by hand.:)
 
It seems like rods is a pretty popular brand.I think I will give it a try when i restock the freezer this week.
 
DIY all the way for me too! My DIY does end up with some Hikari Mysis and Krill, but it is mostly just stuff from the asian market blended together...
 
Rod's food (( red, green and blue labels ))
PE mysis
LifeLine's herbivore mix (( fish really love this stuff ))
Prime Reef
Angel formula
 
PE Mysis and now they make a VERY nice cyclopeeze type product as well. Comes packaged together too.

Also just about anything from ReefNutrition, in particular OysterFeast and I like RotiFeast as well.

I enrich with Selcon.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new