OP
oceans garden aquaculture

Oceans garden aquaculture
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pets peeves threads are one of my favorites.

• Frags 'cut to order'. This is like advertising in May "I'm about to plant some tomato plants, who wants to buy a tomato?"
  • Per-polyp pricing. You don't buy a polyp, you buy a frag. No, I dont want to spend 4 times as much for a frag just because it has a few more polyps, thats ridiculous. This is like selling tomato plants priced by the leaf.
  • Buyers who take a poorly focused picture of a coral under white lights and complain that it doesnt look like the properly focused and filtered image of the same coral under blues.
  • People who claim to have a lineage for their coral. No, my friend, you have a coral and some rumors. Its hysterical that 4th hand stories about the origin of a coral are considered meaningful and used to justify crazy price tags. I believe PT Barnum had something to say about this one.
There's a suckfish born every day! We can be friends.

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Not being able to get stuff in Canada, especially now

2.item out of stock and no idea when it will be

3. salt creep. It’s minor but it annoys the neat freak in me.

4. Craigslist people who don’t show up, especially after you’ve packed up the frag or critter.

TheShrimpNibbler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When the kid at the LFS questions what you are doing with livestock, inverts, equipment etc. when you’ve had reef tanks longer than he/she have been alive.......
When the guy at the lfs has no idea what he’s talking about but thinks you’re the stupid one because you’re a kid...

charlesk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When your mother in law looks at your Christmas tree rock which happens to not have any worms out right now and laughs and says it looks like something she would scrape off of her shoe and I wanna punch her because she’s an idiot. Sorry, little too specific isn’t it?
Everyone wants to punch their mother-in-law

Grill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True story bro?
True story. We had a family event and my 89yr. old grandmother loves the tank, she was sprinkling parsley (feeding in her eyes) in the tank talking to the fish. I politely took the parsley and told her they had already ate. Asked my mother not to give her anything out of the kitchen. Checked water parameters later that night and everything was fine.

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aiptasia, being looked at like I’m psychotic because I’d rather by fish than Juuls (highschool life), and overpriced products.
I owned a vape shop for 6 years! Bahaha As soon as juul became popular and high nicotine was cool, I sold it and went back to aquaculture! Good for you kid!

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
True story. We had a family event and my 89yr. old grandmother loves the tank, she was sprinkling parsley (feeding in her eyes) in the tank talking to the fish. I politely took the parsley and told her they had already ate. Asked my mother not to give her anything out of the kitchen. Checked water parameters later that night and everything was fine.
Maybe she knew something we don't? Hmm? May have to set up an experiment tank!

OP
OP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone wants to punch their mother-in-law
Only once... Other than that my mom inlaw is actually pretty cool lol. She has a lama, emu and breeds sulcata tortoises lol. I love crazy animals. She wants a reef tank. Father in law just golfs and peers with judging eyes. Ok boomer pfft

Backreefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t like at all the prices of certain equipment like
1 kalk reactors dang that’s a lot of money for some plastic tubing.
2 skimmers
3 lights especially LEDs
4 tank parameter troubles. I’m going through it now. I had zero nutrients. I really thought it’s a 90 gallon with 21 fish it can’t be zero? Well it was and a few days of doseing and phosphate and nitrates are sky high . dang let’s start the roller coaster. . Venting here

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
90% of my hardware comes with a large amount of plastic and styrofoam. The packaging is ridiculous. I have more styrofoam in my house now than I did in the 80s. Can't reefing supplies be packaged environmentally friendly. And I will gladly pay LA and extra 5 bucks if they would let me ship the box back to them.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back