What could these be?

Hunna’s Stunnas

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2023
Messages
836
Reaction score
1,949
Location
Atlanta
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
P8081656.jpeg

Last night I was checking my 40b out with a flashlight after the lights had been off for a bit, and noticed some critters zooming through the water. Their movement looked intentional, as they were fighting 3 different sources of water movement and were constantly making their way towards the flashlight.

I used a specimen cup to catch one, then used the flashlight to lure some of the remaining over to my large female clown that was eating them up like a little snack. Any idea on what they could be?
 
Possibly some juvenile scale worm. Family: Polynoidae

This one looks very similar just a bit older probably:

Subadyte is a genus of Polynoidae and considered polychaete worms just like keagan said.
 
It looks like a juvenile polychaete worm but I have no idea what species.
There are quite a few bristleworms in there. I tried a frilly arrow crab but my stupid starry blenny kept chomping the algae draping off it and bit all its legs off and killed it. Guess I’ll try the banded coral shrimp approach for control this time. Thanks!
 
There are quite a few bristleworms in there. I tried a frilly arrow crab but my stupid starry blenny kept chomping the algae draping off it and bit all its legs off and killed it. Guess I’ll try the banded coral shrimp approach for control this time. Thanks!
Blenny's sure are character's 😆.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new