What Country are you from??

Nothing as fun as most of you guys. I'm a Norwegian/Swedish/German mutt from the US...

Lexington Park, Md ->the Azores (dad was in the navy)->Jacksonville, Fl ->Munford, Tn, ->Oxford, Ms-> Nashville, Tn-> sunny crime free Montgomery, Al.
 
You can also change the language(if you have dish) to Spanish and watch cartoons. They have a lot of easy to understand language and can really help you. When my cousin came from Mexico he only watched TV in English and he learned a lot from watching shows(mostly cartoons) in English rather than Spanish.
Give it a try!
I had a friend from Turkey that learned to speak English after he moved to the US from watching tv, mostly Beavis & Butthead and Jerry Springer (I kid you not)!
 
I had a friend from Turkey that learned to speak English after he moved to the US from watching tv, mostly Beavis & Butthead and Jerry Springer (I kid you not)!

I told you it works Rev:D

I should make language learning videos. Just make a montage of different English cartoons and throw a little Springer in there. :D :hammer:
 
So everyone in Montgomery thinks you're a Yankee! :hammer:

They are all suspicious;). I talk way too fast for most people down here, but I've been in the South since I was 4. My accent used to get covered up in Nashville from talking fast, but it is coming back out down here...
 
England. Stayed here after college, met some American chick and got stuck here with her (I think she knows voodoo).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 42 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new