What did you do to your tank today?

Adele

I don't sing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
6:15 am: Had to readjust the level on my ATO sensor in the sump. Level was a good 1" lower than where I keep it. Added RODI to get it back to 'full line'. Hope the new adjustment keeps it where its supposed to be. Also checked temp since my two heaters have decided to go catty whampus and let the temp drop to 74 degrees.

Captain Quint

Plank Owner of the Orca
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today? Just enjoying the view. :)

Yesterday was a different story; cleaned all pumps, rinsed all media, cleaned tank, skimmer, water change using NSW as a treat.

Hitman

Reefing One Day @ A Time!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaned my glass
Added 5 gallons of RODI water to my 10 gallon ATO
Made 5 gallons of Kalk should cover me for the next 2 weeks
Made 1 gallons each of ESV B-Ionic CA and ALK should cover me for the next 6 months.
Replaced ROWAPHOS
Cleaned all LED lens and T5 reflectors
Waiting on my rodi system to refill my 150 gallon holding tank
Time to sit on the back deck and enjoy the last of my coffee while looking and the dear by the pond that one will soon become dinner! Come on bow season!!!

Stonekeg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have rocks soaking in fresh RO/DI water at the moment. Tonight we'll be doing rock-scape. :D The image below was just a concept. I don't think it would fit in the tank just like I'm holding it.

20181017_193535_1539876306155.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Water change! 50g only takes me about 20 min max and that's because it takes 10 min to drain! :)

dugthefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Changed some water in the rock curing tub, and built a canopy to hold lights on DT.

BubbleFett42079

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In my IM 25 Lagoon, I removed my (3) Kashiwae anthias and moved them over to my 30 Breeder aquarium. I noticed that having too many fish exponentially increased the bioload which cause cyano in the tank.

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I drove down to the ocean, threw a pump in and collected 40 gallons of very cold water. Then I diatom filtered it because I took it from the surf and it was filled with pieces of algae, rocks, sand, broken shells, cigarette butts and a headlight from a 1957 Oldsmobile.
Now I am waiting for it to heat up and in a day or two, I will change some of my tank water as it has been almost 4 months and I like to do this occasionally.
I really just like going to the beach at this time of the year when no one is there but while I am there, I may as well take water because it is free and there is almost nothing else that is. :rolleyes:

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I drove down to the ocean, threw a pump in and collected 40 gallons of very cold water. Then I diatom filtered it because I took it from the surf and it was filled with pieces of algae, rocks, sand, broken shells, cigarette butts and a headlight from a 1957 Oldsmobile.
Now I am waiting for it to heat up and in a day or two, I will change some of my tank water as it has been almost 4 months and I like to do this occasionally.
I really just like going to the beach at this time of the year when no one is there but while I am there, I may as well take water because it is free and there is almost nothing else that is. :rolleyes:

that is seawater at its' best !!! I'll be doing the same in time

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Omg you look uncanny to my neighbor!, I just about had a heart attack thinking my neighbor is a fellow reefer! Never mind... Long Island is cool, I’ve had some good times in Dix Hills.

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Began dosing General Cure + Focus in my QT for 5 lyretail anthias.

Birddog

Hooked on Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Increased the percentage of white on my 2 Radions over my reef to 23%. Pretty much back to AB+ with a maximum of 94% peak intensity for bout 6.5 hours. Trying to do some “cooking”

OP
OP
jtl

jtl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made up some clams with reef chili and roids. Mixed with a plunge blender. The fish and corals went crazy over this. I have enough for months.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 43 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back