What did you do to your tank today?

Holy_makerel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prepped put food to feed fish and corals. Giving the reef roids time to soak up some selcon before feeding. Manually added some alk after increasing daily dosage since my #s have been drifting low.

Talo’s Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
B7EAAF6F-9FFA-49E0-A915-02235F0BD4A3.jpeg
C1E31B41-CD1E-4100-BA0A-E1E987591968.jpeg
Built one of my light mounts for my upcoming build.

Stonekeg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got in my back up/salt mixing pump. Tomorrow my first box of salt arrives, but I still need to do another pass with the Novus on my tank before I put water in it for the first time since drilling it. I'm expecting a box of rocks any time now, too.

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Deep clean - pulled hair algae (There's a LOT less but there are still a few patches), toothbrushed a few areas, scraped glass, turkey bastered the rocks, vacuumed sand...

Ahhhhh. It looks sooooo good.

Stonekeg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend we finished sanding out the scratches as best we could on my old acrylic tube tank. I made about 15 gallons of salt water, picked up the sand, and it looks like my rocks will be here on Wednesday. Tonight I'll add the sand and water. About time! It feels like it's taken a long time since I decided to go salt with my tank, but in reality it was just back in June. I'm super excited and will update my build thread soon. :D

coral-boss

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaned the glass and glued some new frags. Then stared for a bit and debated if I should get the aquatic life fixture.

Dtfnemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change finally got rid of some cyano in one of my tanks, and I found a big air bubble in my doser line so I hope it's not nuking my tank :(

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed some shading issues on some acros from having a single metal halide over my 40breeder. So, I added one of my Kessil 360we to the right side of the tank and slid the halide to the left some.

I also noticed some dead spots. So, I added a Tunze 6025 in addition to my Icecap 3k and little Jebao I already had in the tank.

Looking good so far. Now I just need to clean up the glass so it's decent enough for some pics;)

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Cleaned glass on two tanks, added bacteria to new drop off tank and Got the frozen fillet mignon out for the swimmers !!

MARK M. DAVIS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dosed, water change, siphoned a.little algae,sent water to Triton, added probidio, adjusted router settings so I can contro child lights on ai hydra 52 hdS after downloading v2.4 firmware, ordered another mp40 and ai hydra 52hd for my 50g frag tank, wrote a blog on electrical fire hazards gfci’s and surge protectors on my blog “advanced aquatic solutions” public Facebook page. Also wrote about blog follower appreciation whereby I’m sending a lucky person 3 frags with free shipping. “Ora pearl berry, peach crumble monti and purple digi. The lfs fishy bizness will be donating free shipping and a freebie frag(s). When I get 1000 followers the random drawing will take place. See blog for details.

Deaf clown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tested for alk and ca, added my dotty back in the DT, scraped glass, brushed off gyres, blew of some loose algae from rocks and frags, cleaned skimmer cup, and made up some kalk for my top off for the week.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 28 30.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 21 23.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 23 25.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 20.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back