What do foxface fish eat?

leilani908

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I just got a foxfish and saw that they can eat Fresh Veggies, but I wasn't sure what exactly? What do you feed your foxface fish that's good?

Shawn_epicurious

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eats everything I put in the tank. He never stops eating. I feed dry food, misys shrimp... 2 ways.. I also keep some garlic flavored seaweed skins in the tank almost all the time... he is always eating that! He also like to peck on my rock... peck on the sand... I have copepods going in my tank. I am pretty sure he eats those to! Lol

Decide how much you want to feed him based on what needs to be eaten. If you have algae on the rocks your clean up crew isn’t getting to... then cut back and make him eat that. no worries on the foxface food! They are easy.

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae, nori are staples of their diet. Also feed some meaty foods. From everything I’ve read, easy fish to feed.

Julian Sprung’s Sea Veggies, Hikari Algae Wafers, Hikari Mega Marine Algae, Ocean Nutrition Formula-2 (flakes and pellets), Ocean Nutrition Spirulina Flakes, nori will do the job.

Then, supplement with whatever meaty foods you can offer.

ReefGoddesss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eats everything I put in the tank. He never stops eating. I feed dry food, misys shrimp... 2 ways.. I also keep some garlic flavored seaweed skins in the tank almost all the time... he is always eating that! He also like to peck on my rock... peck on the sand... I have copepods going in my tank. I am pretty sure he eats those to! Lol

Decide how much you want to feed him based on what needs to be eaten. If you have algae on the rocks your clean up crew isn’t getting to... then cut back and make him eat that. no worries on the foxface food! They are easy.

Exactly as stated for me. My Foxface loves to eat. I feed him Julian Sprung’s Sea Veggies, but he also loves LRS Reef Frenzy I feed for my other fish.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 17 16.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 69 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.9%
Back