What do foxface fish eat?

leilani908

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2019
Messages
297
Reaction score
162
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!
I just got a foxfish and saw that they can eat Fresh Veggies, but I wasn't sure what exactly? What do you feed your foxface fish that's good?
 
Mine eats everything I put in the tank. He never stops eating. I feed dry food, misys shrimp... 2 ways.. I also keep some garlic flavored seaweed skins in the tank almost all the time... he is always eating that! He also like to peck on my rock... peck on the sand... I have copepods going in my tank. I am pretty sure he eats those to! Lol

Decide how much you want to feed him based on what needs to be eaten. If you have algae on the rocks your clean up crew isn’t getting to... then cut back and make him eat that. no worries on the foxface food! They are easy.
 
Algae, nori are staples of their diet. Also feed some meaty foods. From everything I’ve read, easy fish to feed.

Julian Sprung’s Sea Veggies, Hikari Algae Wafers, Hikari Mega Marine Algae, Ocean Nutrition Formula-2 (flakes and pellets), Ocean Nutrition Spirulina Flakes, nori will do the job.

Then, supplement with whatever meaty foods you can offer.
 
Mine eats everything I put in the tank. He never stops eating. I feed dry food, misys shrimp... 2 ways.. I also keep some garlic flavored seaweed skins in the tank almost all the time... he is always eating that! He also like to peck on my rock... peck on the sand... I have copepods going in my tank. I am pretty sure he eats those to! Lol

Decide how much you want to feed him based on what needs to be eaten. If you have algae on the rocks your clean up crew isn’t getting to... then cut back and make him eat that. no worries on the foxface food! They are easy.

Exactly as stated for me. My Foxface loves to eat. I feed him Julian Sprung’s Sea Veggies, but he also loves LRS Reef Frenzy I feed for my other fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new