What do you do for a living?

Dsnakes

Knight Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fabricate counter tops in Corian(R), and Zodiaq(R) quartz by DuPont. Before my current product line I fabricated acrylic tanks and delivered them to most of the saltwater specialty stores in the Pacific Northwest. So I still have the equipment and desire to build aquariums once and a while. I am currently installing two CNC router systems to fabricate the counter tops from raw slabs. I am also trying to get the hang of a new laser measurement to CAD system to create the files necessary to make the counters fit each customers home.
Just put corian tops and sinks in our new house, looks great. Still trying to baby it, but glad it can be fixed if it gets any abuse.

ihavecrabs

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IT......father got me into tanks as a kid.
That makes two of us!

We use to take old PC's and refurbish them and donate them to families in need. The company he worked for tossed them if they had one bad part so if you took 3, chances were high you could get two working using one for parts.

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In Columbus rivers to reefs is a nice place. And reefsystems in new Albany is a cool place. They have a greenhouse setup, if your up here anyway definitely worth the visit. Both are only open Thursday-Sunday I think.

Corey

klondike4001

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquarium Maintenance Company, been interested in aquariums since I was a kid. Dad had one and I got one as soon as I had a part time job.

litenyaup

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a Firefighter. Love the job and the hobby. Friends had tanks and got me interested so I dove head first. Always was into the ocean with surfing and fishing....now I like collecting them!

Maximus52

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m a high school chemistry teacher. I’ve kept FW for years. Took a trip to the Gulf this past Spring, and decided I would like to have a slice of the ocean at home. A Biocube and $$$ later, I’ve found it to be a real passion. Plan on moving in a year or so and then time for a big setup 150 gallons.

Unregistered User

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to follow this thread to see if my hunch was correct. Most of you seem to have jobs that make sense behind this hobby. That's interesting.

Anthony kolodziej

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Local 12 plumber , Got in to saltwater after having a PE ( pulminary Embolisim ) which almost killed me . It put me in a heck of a slump . I thought ..... well this is it . Then my wife told me to start a tank . I started to feel good after doing it . It gave me a purpose

easternreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a wine steward for a large grocery chain. love my job meet lots of interesting people.. and occasionally I get paid to drink.
got into the hobby 20 years ago. saw a planted fw and loved it. but I got bored with what I could get for colorful fish. Saw a reef tank and wanted it. I actually have better success with SW than FW..

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back