What ever happened to the Vertex Cerebra?

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know it has been posted but thought it would be easier than dig what is the new operating system based on?

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I know that is not a reason to buy it but I hate the Apex orange, I just do not like the look. The new unit is just ugly to me.

I share your opinion 100%. Love the industrial look and feel of the EB8.

I understand with all the extra power monitoring per outlet and the extra power outputs on the side the case is bigger but the gray and orange plastic as well as form factor is just awful.

A step forward would be to keep it metal and change the mounting system to provide for DIN rail mounting. You simply mount the rail and snap the modules onto it. BINGO!

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex is keeping quiet, in hopes that everyone will forget what they did and move on. You are right all I hear is crickets also. Now I wonder, who will be brave enough to speak up for them now. Lol.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vertex is keeping quiet, in hopes that everyone will forget what they did and move on. You are right all I hear is crickets also. Now I wonder, who will be brave enough to speak up for them now. Lol.
I'll be brave only becasue I have been following along! Looks like from this quote, they are still approx 3-4 weeks out.
Closer, sure. But who knows when it'll be here. Word is that we're going to get it no later than Dec. 22nd... units are built and ready - but they're stuck on one aspect of the software. If they figure it out they could be sending them out this month potentially.

DarkSky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hardware is done and built. They're "working on the software" - if you read between the lines they're trying to find a way to protect their IP since the base unit is a Raspberry Pi 3. I'm sure they don't want someone ripping off their work and simply buying a Pi and sticking their software on it.

So yeah. The last updates that they released stated as much. Ben@Vertex said that there was no way they'd slip the date past December 22nd, but I don't know how likely that is to be true if they can't figure out a way to get their software secured.

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hear crickets.

yep

Hardware is done and built. They're "working on the software" - if you read between the lines they're trying to find a way to protect their IP since the base unit is a Raspberry Pi 3. I'm sure they don't want someone ripping off their work and simply buying a Pi and sticking their software on it.

So yeah. The last updates that they released stated as much. Ben@Vertex said that there was no way they'd slip the date past December 22nd, but I don't know how likely that is to be true if they can't figure out a way to get that their software secured.

Thanks and i can certainly understand that.

Only thing is someone will eventually crack it if they want to bad enough.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think at this point the only proof I would believe is an in stock on BRS. I've lost count on how many times somebody has come up with a supposed release date. @randyBRS any idea on this controller actually being released?

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been following along too - though I did end up buying an Apex EL until this all gets sorted. :)
Yeah I went all in Apex this last sale got the full controller an extra energy bar some wave pumps and a couple modules

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then you will have to wait becasue beta testers are getting them before BRS. Once it is put through the paces, then they will relase to retail outlets.

Hogan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On their forum, they provide updates every Friday.

OP
OP
C

Cyricdark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then you will have to wait becasue beta testers are getting them before BRS. Once it is put through the paces, then they will relase to retail outlets.
At this point I would wait a lot longer than that. Lol I would want that thing to be out for a year have mostly everyone say it's great and reliable and have reviews before I would take the chance now. After all this whole beta test thing has already happened once and look how that turned out.

Bj’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gcarroll I just had a feeling I would draw you in with my comment Lol. I mean no harm, I’m just kicking the can around while waiting like everyone else. So I figured I would mess with you or someone else to pass time. Please forgive me, I hope they do come out with a nice working unit. I will probably buy another one with the passing of time if it proves to be a solid working unit. However I won’t buy another one right out of the gate from them like I did in the past. But we will see what January first bring.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point I would wait a lot longer than that. Lol I would want that thing to be out for a year have mostly everyone say it's great and reliable and have reviews before I would take the chance now. After all this whole beta test thing has already happened once and look how that turned out.
So beta test revealed that the hardware was not capable of doing whet they wanted it to do. So rather than ditch the whole project they started over from scratch. This wasn't just building new hardware and uploading new software. The Cerebra v2 is a completely new start from the ground up. That is the reality of "how that turned out!" Maybe you think they should have just killed the project? Or maybe they should have just sold the product as was just to satisfy some people. Would that have been a better solution?

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.0%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 94 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 62 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.6%
Back