What fish can I add?

jkarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I’m still pretty new to the saltwater tank world and I was wondering what fish can I add to my tank. I have a 22.4 Fiji cube tank with a clownfish and a royal gramma in it currently. I was wondering what other fish I could get that would get along with these two and be reef safe as well. I don’t want a goby but I am open to other suggestions.

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! I’m still pretty new to the saltwater tank world and I was wondering what fish can I add to my tank. I have a 22.4 Fiji cube tank with a clownfish and a royal gramma in it currently. I was wondering what other fish I could get that would get along with these two and be reef safe as well. I don’t want a goby but I am open to other suggestions.
I know you said you don't want a goby, but look into clown gobies, they'd be a great fit in your tank. Other options are small fish like tail spot blennies, pygmy filefish, firefish, or coral crouchers if you can find them. I wouldn't add more than 4 small to your tank. If it were me I'd add a firefish and a bottom dweller like a neon goby.

OP
OP
J

jkarp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of a fire fish, but wouldn’t they be hiding in the rocks? I heard that royal grammas can be territorial about their holes. I was also wondering if maybe an azure damsel could work? I like fish that swim out in the open.

dimitrinivo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the idea of a fire fish, but wouldn’t they be hiding in the rocks? I heard that royal grammas can be territorial about their holes. I was also wondering if maybe an azure damsel could work? I like fish that swim out in the open.
that might work but damsels can get very agressive. I'd encourage you to look into bottom dwelling fish as thats where you have the most real estate

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 41 32.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.8%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back