what fish eats hair algae?

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LMB must be allergic to Hair Algae, but he has taken to Rod's food...

LOL...I have a sea hare and he is starting to make a dent after about 3 days. It's the only thing that has worked for me other than tweezers!. You will have to find the cause and you already said you suspect phosphates so just add some phosban. The problem with sea hares and turbos is that they will wreak havoc in a frag tank by knocking eveything over that is not glued down. You may just try moving your frags into your display + phosban + lights out until gone. I would think this the best solution as long as you elimate the cause it should not come back.

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My LMB must be allergic to Hair Algae, but he has taken to Rod's food...
LOL when i had it my LMB would use it for a pillow to purch on never eat the stuff. I agree with mark on the mag

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've used that algaefix in my fish only tank. It did a pretty good job. Don't know what impact it would have on corals. If you do use it, you have to clean the dead/dying algae up or it releases all sorts of junk into the tank as it decays. I went with Mexican cerith snails and Mexican Red Leg Hermits (had a cyano problem after the hair algae died). They did a pretty good job cleaning up the hair algae that was left, and ate the cyano. Did have to use phosban to help the critters clean up both.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 60 42.9%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 68 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.6%
Back