What Fish Have Great Personality?

van7271

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies are great. I know you said no gobies but try a watchman goby and a pistol shrimp together. Great relationship and never boring.

Lindaanne60

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My pajama cardinal is my favorite. He just floats around the tank nice and slow. Had for about 6 years.

67A73BC8-B09E-4050-9DFC-50358CA545FA.jpeg D861A385-670A-46AB-A5A6-71474FA4D20B.jpeg
I had a group of three. They’re great in groups

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a cover and get a Hawkfish, especially the Flame. I will have a much larger setup than yours and I will most certainly get a pair of Flames.

A basslet like Royal Gramma, Blackcap, Swissguard, or an Assessor basslet would also be good. I wish the assessors were more readily available.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fairy wrasses can go in 20's mandarins realistically can't as there is no way to sustain a copepode population and would be unrealistic to keep adding copepods
Mandarin from Biota, captive bred eats TDO pellets and pods

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf white spotted goby from Biota, captive bred

Zionas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Winnieland (AKA “People’s” Republic of China)
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Give me an Assessor or two! :(

BTW to the OP, a Yellow Watchman Goby or another Cryptocentrus genus goby would be good also. Pair it with a Pistol Shrimp.

But I suggest you get a lid regardless of what you choose. Treat 95% of fish as jumpers.

Cory

More than 25 years reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly my emperor angelfish has one of the best personalities ive seen. Always out. Not afraid of my hand. Eats a lot. However is a bit of a bully. May eat softies.

Next is a dog faced pufferfish. Begs for food. Fearless.

panran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jawfish are my absolute favorites. So much personality & so cute - an extreme combination of curiosity & carefulness. They amazingly back into their tunnel from anywhere in the tank. Amazing! But I had one that did jump out of the tank a couple of times-fortunately I was right there-but he would not stand for absolute darkness so I left a table lamp next to the tank at night. He seemed to tolerate that.

Peter Houde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A 20 gallon saltwater tank is extremely limited to what you can have. Live aquaria has a nano fish section. I’d recommend a tail spot blenny yellow or white banded or Tanaka wrasse. You have to be very careful not to overload your tank and especially the kind of fish. There’s not much swimming room in it.
Amen! Wildlife pays the ultimate price for our learning curves.

Peter Houde

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly my emperor angelfish has one of the best personalities ive seen. Always out. Not afraid of my hand. Eats a lot. However is a bit of a bully. May eat softies.

Next is a dog faced pufferfish. Begs for food. Fearless.

Puffer: 13 inches
Emperor: 15+ inches, minimum 220 gallon tank.

GuilhermeLba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a yellow watchman goby great fish! Mine eats from my hand and swims up to the glass when I sit down to look at the tank and cause it’s a goby it will be fine in a smaller tank assuming you have a sand bed.
How did u train your watchman to do that? I just bought a new one, 3 days now on my new fish tank, a lil bit too scared, but I would like to see it free, just like yours. Give me some tipss please :D

Back