What Fish Have Great Personality?

Bars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for tailspot! Mine has befriended the clowns and cuddles up with them in the elegance a few times a day. It looks adorable!

Here he is being camera shy in one of his crevices

20200120_095635.jpg

Jase4224

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fairy wrasses can go in 20's mandarins realistically can't as there is no way to sustain a copepode population and would be unrealistic to keep adding copepods
I have to say I strongly feel that a fairy wrasse in less than 60gal would be pretty cruel.. I have a solar fairy wrasse and they are very active and grow very fast. Mine is less than 4 inches and wouldn’t put it in anything less than my 170..

PigFarmer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think the long nosed hawkish have a lot of personality. mine sets up high on the rock work and watches everything below like the hawk he is

Casket_Case

Frags in the Frathouse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a small Green Spotted Pufferfish in my twenty gallon reef tank, he was incredible funny and charismatic. He followed me, scared the heck out of me by nibbling on my fingers when I had my hands in the tank, he hand fed, it was great. And he didn’t nip at any coral either. He did go after cleaner shrimp though and I had to get rid of him for that reason.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to find a unique fish with some good personality for my 20 gallon tank, something besides the normal goby and clownfish.
What comes to your mind?

A 20 would be too small for him, but I LOVE my Puffer. This guy is the funniest fish I've ever owned or seen.

20191212_190346-01.jpeg

Sidvicious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For a tank your size either a goby or blenny would be your best bet for personality. Now with regards to the fish that has the best personality, it’s either the dogface pufferfish or any pufferfish for that matter and triggerfish. I’ve never come across any other fish in the hobby with personalities like those two species have, simply the best!

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fairy wrasses can go in 20's mandarins realistically can't as there is no way to sustain a copepode population and would be unrealistic to keep adding copepods
No fairy wrasse will do well long term in a 20g tank....

Blknovass

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get a yellow watchman goby great fish! Mine eats from my hand and swims up to the glass when I sit down to look at the tank and cause it’s a goby it will be fine in a smaller tank assuming you have a sand bed.

lilgrounchuck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to find a unique fish with some good personality for my 20 gallon tank, something besides the normal goby and clownfish.
What comes to your mind?
My lawnmower blenny is like a dog. He’s not the most colorful fish but he’s a blast to watch.

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I vote Blenny also. Tail Spot or Flame Tail are both awesome little guys to have (although you only want one or the other in that small of a tank so they don't fight).

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back