What fish should I get ?

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys, I used to have a 29g tank and I decided to upgrade to something a little bigger, so I got a 55g. Now that I have a little more space, I would like to add some extra fishies ☺️. At the moment I have the following: A saddleback clownfish, an ocellaris, a yellow watchman goby paired with a tiger shrimp and 4 turbo snails. What other fish do you guys recommend I could add to my tank? The guys at my LFS told me a couple of different ones, but for what I read in liveaquaria most of them required a 70 gallon tank. I don’t see many fish that can live in a 55g . Help me lol.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fairy or flasher wrasse would work, Dwarf angels, Midas blenny or a Jawfish
I agree, emphasis on the wrasse and dwarf angels. You could do a smaller tang, such as a tomini tang or yellow tang.

Dragon52

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow they are so beautiful!! All of them! I really like them all lol . Thank you!
Your Welcome, I'm sure there are many more to choose from. If you go to Live Aquaria you can find alot of info & pics to look at.

Florida Sunshine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go with a jawfish a lid is absolutely required. Major jumpers but great fish.
Midas blenny is one of my very favorites and is a good community fish.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go with a jawfish a lid is absolutely required. Major jumpers but great fish.
Midas blenny is one of my very favorites and is a good community fish.
Yes my tank has a lid. I had to because I read that gobies love to jump out of the tank lol

Dr. Bull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be cautious with Dwarf Angelfish if you plan on stocking coral, they can be hit or miss. I have had some be model citizens and others pick at corals rather aggressively.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be cautious with Dwarf Angelfish if you plan on stocking coral, they can be hit or miss. I have had some be model citizens and others pick at corals rather aggressively.
Model citizens . For now no corals, so I think it will be okay. They are so beautiful tho! I rather have fish than corals lol

Dr. Bull

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Model citizens . For now no corals, so I think it will be okay. They are so beautiful tho! I rather have fish than corals lol

In my experience softies have been fine. They tend to develop a taste for SPS polyps, some LPS, and clams.

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To start with, you can go to the Live Aquaria website and search for fish that are easy, peaceful and reef safe and good for 40 gallon aquariums. It should give you a nice list. For fish, a fire fish or other dartfish should work. A Bengai or pajama cardinals, reef safe wrasses, and gobies are all good. You could get a single Chromis or perhaps one of the least ferocious damsels.

actik

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a huge blenny fan, so much personality. A few are tailspot, algae and midas :D

jp_75

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chalk Basslet looks really cool! Very underrated fish imo.

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please be careful. Sometimes it can be difficult to contain your excitement when adding fish, and you end up over stocking.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 47.5%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 42 52.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 20.0%
  • None.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back