OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grab a simple 10 gallon tank, they are dirt cheap and very useful for this. Any larger and they become more difficult to carry over to a sink or hose and just rinse out after each use.
Will do!

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then maybe a fork-tailed blenny or a long nosed hawkfish?
So I was looking at the long nose hawkfish, but I am scared it is going to be like the arc eye Hawkfish I used to have and it’s going to be harassing my goby and shrimp. I would hate for that to happen again. I loved my arc eye, but he was a pain in the neck lol.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I was looking at the long nose hawkfish, but I am scared it is going to be like the arc eye Hawkfish I used to have and it’s going to be harassing my goby and shrimp. I would hate for that to happen again. I loved my arc eye, but he was a pain in the neck lol.
I have two long nosed hawks and never have seen any problems - pretty much sit on a piece of coral while watching me! I have read where they might not be compatible with feather dusters.
Good luck, I think best thing about this stage with your tank is choosing from among the many colorful and interesting fish, inverts and coral.

OP
OP
Eve

Eve

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two long nosed hawks and never have seen any problems - pretty much sit on a piece of coral while watching me! I have read where they might not be compatible with feather dusters.
Good luck, I think best thing about this stage with your tank is choosing from among the many colorful and interesting fish, inverts and coral.
Thank you! I will do more research about them, I really like them.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're set on a tang check out the Yellow Eye Kole. They stay smaller than the Yellow and Tomini.
Personally though I'd steer away from a tang in your tank size. You'll eventually need to re-home it but you won't want to let it go!

To fit in with what you already have, a Coral Beauty would stand up to your clowns and they are grazers so will pick at the rock all day - once you get some algae growing.

Fairy and flasher wrasses are great but many have issues with longevity so be prepared to have possible losses for no reason.
I've been trying to keep them for nearly 8 years and can't get more than a couple years at best - even after no meds or with meds in QT.

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Potter's angel, tailspot blenny as mentioned, fire fish. Flasher wrasses. A royal gramma is a beautiful and inexpensive fish too. Orange back fairy wrasse. I had an orange back and a fire fish that shared a barnacle at night, it was very cute.

A yellow-eye kole might work as it stays on the smallish side but make sure the rock work is open and it has room to swim. Even then, I'd be on the fence about adding one.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 37 34.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.5%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 29 27.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back