What glue for pvc to abs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter MoshJosh
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Transition cement :)

1765134362934.png
 
Yeah I looked at a other thread and I saw more arguing than anything else haha

I would add the details about the plumbing you are doing to maybe help answer. You could also reach out to a local plumbing shop. Not to come out per say but just to ask the question. The reason is due to building codes and the line type (pressure vs drain).

Water damage and insurance - I would want to make sure it is done right.
 
All purpose cement is made for that type purpose. Oatey makes it, and maybe others but Oatey is the only one i have used.
038753308210_H_001.jpg
 
Oatey Fusion All in One

I’ve used it on ABS and PVC many times with no issue
 
Bulkhead to PVC to gate valve and back to PVC:

20251207_123946.jpg


Kinda ugly but the sump and drain nearly line up si i am going to use this length of flexible PVC
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new