What happen to my frogspawn?

Blake423

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

Lately my frogspawn is not as opened up as previously.
I just notice on the back of it there is some white stringy/foam like stuff.
Any one has any ideas what that is? How should I help it?

Parameters (salifert):

PO4: colorless
NO3: very very light
ALK: 8.0
CAL: 480
MAG:1280

Inked92D53B31-22DC-4805-8706-83AD23607B0A_LI.jpg

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree look for other life bothering it, I do see some rotting or hurt flesh there amongst the polyps.

I’ll be honest, at this point is when I use cipro on the tank bc I don’t think a euphyllia is likely to be saved once their flesh has started to go.

OP
OP
B

Blake423

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
agree look for other life bothering it, I do see some rotting or hurt flesh there amongst the polyps.

I’ll be honest, at this point is when I use cipro on the tank bc I don’t think a euphyllia is likely to be saved once their flesh has started to go.
Do you think Seachem dip would do?
I actually have problem keeping hammer/torch/frogspawn. Couple of month ago I lost my hammers and torches.
I think maybe my nitrate is too low?

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think Seachem dip would do?
I actually have problem keeping hammer/torch/frogspawn. Couple of month ago I lost my hammers and torches.
I think maybe my nitrate is too low?

No idea on seachem. I say cipro bc it’s an attempt at helping the flesh from becoming infected and if it is degrading it may help. It also can be dosed in the tank, look for the thread here if yur interested.

if your phosphate is 0 and nitrate very low, then yes I think raising those levels will help, but keep in mind they enjoy stability and habit not rapid change. I do think true 0 phosphate is a euphyllia killer however, I’ve had many die from this,I believe, before I learned to really balance phosphate/nitrate and keep it there through habits. In my past tanks where I always had phosphate/nitrate problems in the sense they would always skew high, I never had euphyllia problems like I saw with a brand new and naturally lower nutrient tank.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do notice in these two spots that the frogspawn has its mesenterial filaments extended, which is generally a sign of irritation and/or hunger. Do you happen to feed your corals anything? Is there perhaps another coral nearby that could be attacking with sweepers or chemical warfare?

1654174634179.png

Pkunk35

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, see those white veins on the base right below that big cluster of filaments? I have seen something very similar on the skeleton part of a new torch which started to recede. I always wondered if that had anything to do with the decline.
OP, maybe you can clarify what you see here?

2FFC9935-65B0-4BFA-B892-867FD185D2C5.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 69 52.7%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 51.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back