What happened to my ph?

sixline

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been traveling for the past two weeks. I set up my auto feeder to lightly feed once a day, exactly as I have done several times in the past. I also have ATO.

I’m running an Apex and monitoring ph. The ph goes through a consistent up and down and has done so for the past six months since I installed the Apex.

However, today my ph took a significant drop that is outside the normal range. I won’t be home until Sunday (although my wife returns tomorrow).

Any ideas on what may have happened?

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been traveling for the past two weeks. I set up my auto feeder to lightly feed once a day, exactly as I have done several times in the past. I also have ATO.

I’m running an Apex and monitoring ph. The ph goes through a consistent up and down and has done so for the past six months since I installed the Apex.

However, today my ph took a significant drop that is outside the normal range. I won’t be home until Sunday (although my wife returns tomorrow).

Any ideas on what may have happened?
Perhaps your alkalinity dosing has gone FUBAR.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most likely, the probe, or whatever, fell out of calibration. pH probe is one of the least reliable pieces of equipment in the hobby - I do not recommend using them for any kind of decision making.

If the tank looks fine, then it is probably fine.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Air quality is real, but usually more of a slow burn and usually not when humans are not home to be making so much co2. It is totally possible, though.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Calibrate your PH probe and see if you get a different reading. Do you have a test kit besides probe reading ?

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 36 81.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 15.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.5%
Back