What has happened to this torch?

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone, we just removed what we thought was a tubeworm from one of our torches as someone mentioned it could be a vermited snail. I took care.of a few other snails I found in the tank but could this one snail really tick off our torch this much?
PXL_20210307_001221406.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20210307_001235136.PORTRAIT.jpg

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of tube worm? It shouldn’t cause that. How did you go about removing it? That mighta caused the damage.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have those snails on my euphyllia as it is the only place they can hide from wrasse and they are no bother.

Could something have stung it? It looks damage or stung to me. Was it like this before you removed the tube?

OP
OP
Sharkattackmack

Sharkattackmack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have those snails on my euphyllia as it is the only place they can hide from wrasse and they are no bother.

Could something have stung it? It looks damage or stung to me. Was it like this before you removed the tube?
Yes it was like this before the tube worm. It came with it from our local LFS months ago when we bought it. Only reason we removed it is the last time I posted about it someone said it was a snail. Only thing close to it would be another torch.

We did have an anemone doing laps of the tank about a week ago. Would a nem do this kind of damage?

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bjd is tough to beat. I’ve had some success with peroxide dips. Dip in 3%, put in fsw container and then gently blow away infected area with pipette, rinse in another container of fsw and return to tank. Follow up each day by putting it into a container of fsw, squirt peroxide on infected area, rinse, back in tank. Repeat until no longer see the bjd.

PBnJOnWheat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me it looks like it’s guts are spilling out which means you opened something up that should’ve been closed. Do you have any before pictures? Typically when I see guts something very bad or stressful has happened. Curious because I’ve seen those around also

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back