What heater setup are you running for 2024?

Not_Erick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this guy and it’s been holding great. Bought one for my brother and he’s had it for a few months and says it hasn’t given him problems either.

Attachments

• IMG_9348.png
    IMG_9348.png
    204.5 KB · Views: 23

BairCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a few examples, I don't think I would buy one unless they address the problem.

Thread 'BRS Titanium Heaters - Are they any good?' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/brs-titanium-heaters-are-they-any-good.974504/

Post in thread 'BRS 100w Titanium Heaters: As Bad As The Reviews Say?' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/b...s-bad-as-the-reviews-say.899891/post-11206940

Thread 'BRS titanium heater warranty' https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/brs-titanium-heater-warranty.916952/
Thanks that's insane. Guess my buddies got lucky with theirs. I'll be looking for new Heaters myself and definitely can't recommend those brs ones anymore. Thanks again

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
for those of you that have the Inkbird ITC-308 (wifi not important)

i notice there are two outlet options. one outlet says heating, and the other cooling.
can you plug in two heaters to these outlets, ignoring the cooling? I have two 300w heaters that i'd like to use this controller for. but th "cooling" is throwing me off. what is the "cooling" outlet for? assuming an AC unit of some sort, ya?

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inkbird controller with a Jebao 250 watt in my 90. After lessons learned the hard way, I keep a backup available to install (heater)

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ranco/aqualogic + eheims(ebo) jaegers for well over 15 years. Won't be changing that combo any time soon.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

i notice there are two outlet options. one outlet says heating, and the other cooling.
can you plug in two heaters to these outlets, ignoring the cooling? I have two 300w heaters that i'd like to use this controller for. but th "cooling" is throwing me off. what is the "cooling" outlet for? assuming an AC unit of some sort, ya?
Plug two heaters into the heater outlet yes, as long as the two heaters combined power rating is within the power rating of the inkbird, just don't use the cooling outlet.

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Forgot to mention, you would use the cooling outlet for something like a fan blowing over the tank to cool using evaporation.
Normally an A/C unit would have it's own internal temperature control.

reef tank 2.0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so if you're using the single outlet for two heaters, are you to use a special adapter, or can the dual adapters that you can get at Home Depot work fine for that?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back