OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use symbol scanners in the plant or config and repair for use, 100's of them then about 10 years ago we could not get support or parts and went to Sick fixed scanners..they lost customers!!!! We do have a few hand held I just looked we now use Honeywell and you already know were its made.....it starts with a C for those that don't

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to use symbol scanners in the plant or config and repair for use, 100's of them then about 10 years ago we could not get support or parts and went to Sick fixed scanners..they lost customers!!!! We do have a few hand held I just looked we now use Honeywell and you already know were its made.....it starts with a C for those that don't

Yea, every place used to use Symbol scanners 15-20 years ago. Once they left the country it seemed like they became a different company.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to do a post-edit on my other post because my Android smiley's don't seem to show up (I'm out of time to edit it).

After re-reading it, the portfolio thing at the end should have been separate because it puts it in the wrong context and had a ;^) next to it that didn't show up. I was saying at least the portfolios are good, like the best of a bad situation.

Just wanted to clarify :)

squampton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hostess Brands (twinkies) where located in the north suburb of Detroit and moved everything to mexico two three years ago. My in-law had 28 years and lost everything, of course the workers gave a mile but it wasn't enough.
Has anyone tried that product recently? ;Vomit

The original company did go bankrupt and was liquidated in 2012 and it's assets and brands sold off. A couple of private investment firms bought the Hostess snack cake brands, and some other assets in 2013. The other hostess brands such as wonder bread went to other buyers.

The current company with the name Hostess is not the same as the old one.

The current company called Hostess has several bakeries in the US and employs 1,200 people. Current bakery locations are located in Georgia, Kansas, Indiana, and Massachusetts.

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The current company called Hostess has several bakeries in the US and employs 1,200 people. Current bakery locations are located in Georgia, Kansas, Indiana, and Massachusetts.
Dolly Madison I believe

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And speaking of Twinkies... were you aware they are now 9.4% smaller than they were before bankruptcy?
I believe the shelf life has decreased also
34a1fbe0b000ec9bb38c144415e246f8.jpg

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With 320M people in the US, we need all kinds of jobs because we have all kinds of people. In my family we have firefighters, technologists, researchers, nurses and teachers. Noble careers all. What has always differentiated the people of the USA is work ethic, drive, perseverance, personal freedom and accountability/responsibility (to name a few things). Free markets provide powerful incentives for people to work hard, risk their capital and innovate. The job of the government is to make sure those incentives are open to all. What individuals do with that opportunity will never be perfect, but it's proven to be the best system out there.
Sadly a large and growing portion of the US population no longer has any work ethic, drive, perseverance or motivation thanks to all the government handouts.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly a large and growing portion of the US population no longer has any work ethic, drive, perseverance or motivation thanks to all the government handouts.
What data can you point to to link the decline of work ethic, drive, perseverance or motivation to government handouts to government handouts. Or are you making this statement based on propeganda that you may have heard.

And before you guys jump down my throat, I personally know laverda. We are clubmates, SCMAS board members, and even share the same last name name. :)

Falcon53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What data can you point to to link the decline of work ethic, drive, perseverance or motivation to government handouts to government handouts. Or are you making this statement based on propeganda that you may have heard.

And before you guys jump down my throat, I personally know laverda. We are clubmates, SCMAS board members, and even share the same last name name. :)

What data do you have to support your assertion that there is a decline of work ethic, drive, perseverance or motivation? Hahaha.

And for anybody that is actually interested...there is tons and tons of research related to this topic. Stuff you won't hear about from politicians and media. Very easy to access. Read the scholarly papers directly...most of the time papers are mis-characterized by talking heads.

Falcon53

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never made that claim. Just harassing my brother!

I know haha. I was harassing back...the way you worded your reply indicated that you agreed with the first half of the assertion, while looking for data to prove it was caused by the handouts.

gcarroll

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now that weed is just about legal it will become worse
images
In all honesty, now that weed is legal in California, I see far less people smoking it. Almost like it's not cool any more. People tend to crave things that are forbidden. It's almost like they don't care about is any more.

As fo living in their parent's basements. That is certainly not something new. Greg Brady lived in the attic back in the 70s. Had the show taken place in another state, he would have lived in the basement. I have to question, is the problem the kid living in his parents basement, or the fact that the parent is allowing the kid to live in the basement. IMO, you can't blame the kid, without blaming the person that raised them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Greg Brady lived in the attic back in the 70s.
They were getting as high as possible in the 70's;) and Greg was a Bat brain :p
you can't blame the millennial, without blaming the person that raised them.
I have 3 millennial and an empty basement. Kids have it a lot harder to start out.
Student loans, car insurance and payment will take all of a starting monthly salary. My youngest daughter just graduated Collage and is starting at $10 an hour. I never said the bed rooms were empty. :cool:

OP
OP
siggy

siggy

My Aquariums Going Again
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
upload_2018-7-13_13-13-31.jpeg

If manufacturing or even assembly returned we would see growth in these starting wages, During the recent downturn we had engineers working as greeters and in fast food this drove down or kept wages static. More demand for qualified workers would demand higher wages....then we could kick the kids out!

laverda

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Greg, there is plenty of data. Some crazy portion of the population receives government hand outs that all come out of the pockets of those of us that work and pay taxes.
I am talking from first hand experience dealing with the people we house. Some are truly not capable of working, most are very capable. Why should they work when they get everything handed to them. Free money, free cell phones, free food, free drugs and medical care! Many have never contributed a dime in income taxes and never will.

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad @mdbannister ...anyone?

Am I in the Lounge or am I in the Equipment, Hardware, Filtration forum???

Gonna unsub, but this keep rising to the top of the Equipment, Hardware, Filtration forum for some reason.

Hello???

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong but this thread really has nothing to do with equipment. The tariff effects more than just reefing equipment or am I over generalizing?

kschweer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#reefsquad @mdbannister ...anyone?

Am I in the Lounge or am I in the Equipment, Hardware, Filtration forum???

Gonna unsub, but this keep rising to the top of the Equipment, Hardware, Filtration forum for some reason.

Hello???
We have decided to keep this thread here, it’s discussing (or is supposed to be) equipment prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back