What intensity do you set your LED lighting

James w Lewis

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 29, 2014
Messages
247
Reaction score
101
Location
Houston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a nice programmable led setup. It's covers the entire length of my 100 gallon tank and is about 2 fee above the water. I have chalices on the sand and acros on top. What do you experts recommend for a programmable setting meaning what intensity for whites VS blues throughout a 12 hour day?
 
what kind is it? I have kessil and ramp up to 100% for 5 hrs a day at 15% color max , but led varys a good bit from different brands
 
This will all depend on the fixture used.
How many channels and what chips?
Or what manufacture?
My fixture is channel 1 50% 2 80% 3 60% 4 60%
 
Hell, I dont know anything about them. I bought them from Global Leader Aquatics. Right now I have the blue ramping up to 100% for 4 hours and the white up to 40%. The store owner told me they were Chinese made but high quality. They didn't even come with instructions, I had to figure out how to program them.
 
Here are some pics of my setup. They may help

IMG_1090.JPG


IMG_1091.JPG


IMG_1092.JPG


IMG_1094.JPG


IMG_1090.JPG


IMG_1094.JPG


IMG_1092.JPG
 
that seems like a good setting you have them at, just want to gradually get there I started mine at 40% and got to 100% over two weeks you can shock the corals from switching to led and running to strong from the get go.
 
Can you put 100% white on chalices? I buy stuff from cornbread and he tells me not to go over 20% white on chalices. Im thinking that is why one has to be very careful with lighting when you buy from him or they die. Anyway Im at 50% white and 100% blue at the highest for 3 hours.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 16 20.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 22 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 13.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new