Proof of burden is a two way street. Just last year I was diving in Hawaii. Dive master captured a baby speckled butterfly. Ascended, crappy safety stop, boarded boat, dumped fish inside a 5 gallon bucket of seawater. I board, look in the bucket, and what do you think I saw? Said butterfly on its side. I spoke to him more has a diver than an aquarist and suggested he put it back. He replied no. I say ok, not worth the trouble so then I ask what size tank does he have or where is it going. His reply...a 40 breeder. What do you think happened next? 20 minute or so boat ride back to port has I exit, leaving no tip, I pass the bucket. Speckled butterfly is no longer alive. It didn't recover from the collection depth to surface and or temperature difference at surface compared to the 90ft depth he caught it at. How do I know? I was part of his group so I saw when it was netted. Much to his surprise I called local authorities after leaving so they would know the situation.
No, that isn't the norm. No, it isn't in a google search. But it is based on experience. We all have it. Mine is what it is. All good and well like I said.
Note/edit: Fish was yellow, butterfly shape, with dots - I may be wrong on the exact type...