What is everyone's favorite blenny?

hds4216

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 18, 2020
Messages
1,277
Reaction score
1,661
Location
Denver, CO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for recommendations on a blenny - I want a lively, active fish w/ some personality, that doesn't grow too big. I've been thinking of a lawnmower blenny, midas blenny, or starry blenny. The tailspot blenny seems perfect but I can't find it anywhere. It's sold out on every store online and I visited like all 15 LFS in my area with no luck. I've been looking for ~4 months too. Any thoughts on the best blenny for me? It would need to be peaceful as it would live with some clownfish, royal gramma, firefish, and YWG.
 
Starry blenny
214EEF6D-D246-4877-AEA9-6ED9347C84FC.jpeg
A7C54CF4-D5BB-4F40-AE67-FC96431A9E5A.jpeg
 
I love my Midas blenny :). He’s personable, pretty, swims around the tank, plays well with others....unless they try and get in his cave, lol.

That matches my experience. I haven't had any of the other blennies, but my Midas is absolutely delightful.
 
Twin spot and great algae eater
 
We love our lawnmower blenny, but those tail spot ones look awesome ( and I would assume they come with the same great personality as any other blenny )
 
Out of stock there too :/

Out of stock everywhere. I've been looking for weeks for a tailspot. I finally settled and grabbed a starry blenny from my LFS and he's probably the coolest fish in the tank. Eats EVERYTHING. At first he was only eating the frozen brine but he's figured out that he's supposed to be eating algae as well. Cleaned up some patches of GHA in the tank. Really neat fish.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new