What is everyone's favorite blenny?

ruegaroo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_4340.jpg

I saw these guys when I was snorkeling in the Galapagos years ago. Not sure what they are but I always thought they were neat. They were also massive. Anybody have an ID on them?

BeckyW

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for recommendations on a blenny - I want a lively, active fish w/ some personality, that doesn't grow too big. I've been thinking of a lawnmower blenny, midas blenny, or starry blenny. The tailspot blenny seems perfect but I can't find it anywhere. It's sold out on every store online and I visited like all 15 LFS in my area with no luck. I've been looking for ~4 months too. Any thoughts on the best blenny for me? It would need to be peaceful as it would live with some clownfish, royal gramma, firefish, and YWG.
I absolutely love my Midas Blenny! He’s darling and has great personality!!!!

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m sorry you haven’t been able to find a Tailspot Blenny. I actually happened to buy one today at my LFS. Looks like Saltwaterfish.com has them right now if you’re still looking!

lba4590

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those of you with Midas blennies, are they aggressive? Thinking about getting one but my tank is very peaceful and I’ve heard some mixed reviews. 120g tank if that helps!

SMSREEF

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tessellated Blenny.. I collect these myself.
IMG_0025.jpeg
29A930AF-6749-4DF0-9529-DF5BAB9BB976_1_105_c.jpeg
Hi @DVR Where do you find these guys? I’m down in miami and have never seen one?

such a cool fish. You can tell from the pic these guys have a big personality.

Last edited:

Orm Embar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a Midas Blenny, it was easily one of my favorite fish (not enough space in my current tank, sadly) - gorgeous, tons of personality, swims like an eel. Starry blenny would be my choice if I also wanted a herbivore/percher as opposed to more of an open swimmer.

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I had a Midas Blenny, it was easily one of my favorite fish (not enough space in my current tank, sadly) - gorgeous, tons of personality, swims like an eel. Starry blenny would be my choice if I also wanted a herbivore/percher as opposed to more of an open swimmer.
Do they have the same personality because those are the two blennys I can’t decide between and my tank right not only has open swimmers so I need a Percher.

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starry Blennies like to perch just like Lawnmower Blennies. I have both, they'll sometimes chase each other, but for the most part, they stay on opposite sides of the tank. I love the personalities of both because they'll just perch on my frag rack and watch all the other fish. . .

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starry Blennies like to perch just like Lawnmower Blennies. I have both, they'll sometimes chase each other, but for the most part, they stay on opposite sides of the tank. I love the personalities of both because they'll just perch on my frag rack and watch all the other fish. . .
I think I will go with the starry blenny because it is not as mean and I want to get a Hectors goby and a Midas might attack that.

Back