What is going on with my Frogspawn!

biggie4jets

View Badges
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I have attached a picture of my frogspawn (left side) and what it looked it before (right side). Mind you, I moved the tank roughly 3 months ago and lost 4 corals and this one is looking awful! All my other corals are fine and growing.

What can I do to remedy this situation?! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Also, I just used reef roids last night and direct fed it.

4D0735EA-AB0A-4EC7-850C-509CEB7E7C1F.jpeg

OP
biggie4jets

biggie4jets

View Badges
Reaction score
Very hard to tell with the picture you posted. Just looks like it has less polyp extension. Could be lighting, nutrients, flow. There's many factors.
I can post more pictures for sure. I mean I'm not doing anything different than I was before I moved. Hes been like this for about 2 months now.

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

ScottR

The original Scott
View Badges
Reaction score
When the tentacles were fully extended, did they dance about in the flow? I’ve seen many people put euphyllia on the bottom where they don’t get enough flow and this happens. They use the flow to clean out bacteria that collect in the tentacles.

OP
biggie4jets

biggie4jets

View Badges
Reaction score
When the tentacles were fully extended, did they dance about in the flow? I’ve seen many people put euphyllia on the bottom where they don’t get enough flow and this happens. They use the flow to clean out bacteria that collect in the tentacles.
Ya they did, I never had it on the bottom. always in the 1/2 way part of the tank

ScottR

The original Scott
View Badges
Reaction score
My friend sent me a video of some torch in the ocean. They were getting absolutely blasted by flow. A huge colony of them. After seeing that, it made me rethink everything.

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Your temp is a little high. Have your nitrates always been about the same?

Best reef aquarium LED lighting

Rate your current reefing satisfaction level! (CLICK HERE)

• Very satisfied

Votes: 140 45.3%
  • Just satisfied

Votes: 81 26.2%
  • Somewhat satsified

Votes: 66 21.4%
  • Not satisfied

Votes: 22 7.1%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors