What is my frogspawn doing?

99gtbaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the swollen area on my frogspawn? I have multiple frogspawn in the tank and a couple of them have this swollen area on them?

1FB0F9C0-770F-4AAA-AA51-D23EE55DA972.jpeg 1BF99EEF-28B3-4926-88FC-2978E1CD59E1.jpeg

OP
OP
99gtbaby

99gtbaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 growing more heads! always a good sign, means great tank params (at least in your frogspawns mind)
My params are ok, ph is a little low, I just did a phosphate and dkh test and those are good, phos is .50 and dkh is 11. I’m gonna run a calcium test here in a little bit. I’m due for a water change tonight, hopefully it brings my ph up to where it should be.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My params are ok, ph is a little low, I just did a phosphate and dkh test and those are good, phos is .50 and dkh is 11. I’m gonna run a calcium test here in a little bit. I’m due for a water change tonight, hopefully it brings my ph up to where it should be.
Yeah, just keep doing whatever you've been doing tbh. Now's the time to not change anything lol.

I'll open up my windows and increase surface agitation to help get rid of excess CO2 a couple times a week... but based on what I know that doesn't really "do much" but it makes me feel better so that's all that matters :p

With alk that high strange you have super low ph. unless you have like insane levels of CO2 in your house. Are you using a Calc Reactor or dosing?

I'd check your PH tester before making any changes to try to raise the PH.

OP
OP
99gtbaby

99gtbaby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, just keep doing whatever you've been doing tbh. Now's the time to not change anything lol.

I'll open up my windows and increase surface agitation to help get rid of excess CO2 a couple times a week... but based on what I know that doesn't really "do much" but it makes me feel better so that's all that matters :p

With alk that high strange you have super low ph. unless you have like insane levels of CO2 in your house. Are you using a Calc Reactor or dosing?

I'd check your PH tester before making any changes to try to raise the PH.

Well I checked with my API test kit and I have a ph probe that gives current live results, not running a reactor or dosing anything at the moment.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I checked with my API test kit and I have a ph probe that gives current live results, not running a reactor or dosing anything at the moment.

yeah maybe increase your surface agitation a little.

don’t try anything drastic, as long as you’re above 7.5 stability is more important :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back